Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Hutton was an awful RB he is better at LB but he’s still not good. He’s wouldnt get near people so top 5 LB in the championship and if he is 1st choice we won’t go up. He has looked good a time this level but the final showed he still lapses at times. If signing him stops the progress of kids like Bree it’s wrong. If he is in to cover i can live with that but we’d need better to get promoted. Hopefully we sell Taylor and Elmo and we get another 1st choice LB in and Hutton covers both sides. 

I think considering what has happened over the past few weeks. Hutton staying and taking a pay cut is great news. I'd like to think that he has been told what's happening and what the plan is going forward. But this is Villa so who knows!! I thought he'd been released and then he said it wasn't true and now he's signed. I'm just glad we have retained his services.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Used to really dislike Hutton, but over the last two, or three years he's been the one player who actually cares, and puts an honest shift in. His performance levels have improved too, imo. The fact he's willing to take a pay cut to stay at villa with all that's going on, tells you everything. We need players like Hutton, who actually love the club, and will give you everything. Top man. 

Totally agree with this, wish more Villa players would follow Hutton's lead. We cannot ask for any more from a Villa player in our current situation. Whatever some may feel about Hutton, at least he appears to care for this club - on and off the pitch

• Like 3

Under the current circumstances I'm quite happy with this. He is loved by many of the fans and we are crying out for some positive news. It also sends a signal that it's not a complete fire sale going on. And if we are to rely more on our youngsters next season it's good to have an experienced player in the squad, especially one with so good attitude as Hutton.

Would be interesting to know how much he reduced his salary.

I'm undecided on this until i know the facts

Everyone is applauding the fact he's taken a pay cut to stay on another year, but I havent seen this mentioned anywhere other than fans presuming he has

The way we have been run in the last couple of years I'd need to see proof before accepting on hearsay that hes taken a massive pay cut.

If he has then fair play and I also applaud this deal

However if he is on 30k + then i think its a dud deal and we have learned nothing

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

I'm undecided on this until i know the facts

Everyone is applauding the fact he's taken a pay cut to stay on another year, but I havent seen this mentioned anywhere other than fans presuming he has

The way we have been run in the last couple of years I'd need to see proof before accepting on hearsay that hes taken a massive pay cut.

If he has then fair play and I also applaud this deal

However if he is on 30k + then i think its a dud deal and we have learned nothing

John Percy, journalist for the Telegraph, has confirmed the pay cut.

Not sure of the downside on this one.

1. Only a one year deal, not tied to a long contract.

2. Reduced wages.

3. Plays for the shirt.

4. Has been a constant the last two seasons - 69 appearances only Chester & Adomah have made more.

5. Hopefully the end of Neil Taylor and his ridiculous contract.

Edited by Hornso
Typo
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Do you work for the Daily Mail? 

No I'm a Villa fan who is concerned about the generous contracts being handed out left right and centre over the last x number of years.

There was an audio clip from some finance expert who has seen our books (on WM last week) who said the average wage was 30k at the club, hence i used that figure.

Again, if he's been given the average wage for a fullback for this division I think its a good deal.. but if its just a "pay cut" from 30k to 25k then I'm against it. I just havent seen a reliable figure mentioned other than "hes taken a pay cut" 

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

No I'm a Villa fan who is concerned about the generous contracts being handed out left right and centre over the last x number of years.

There was an audio clip from some finance expert who has seen our books (on WM last week) who said the average wage was 30k at the club, hence i used that figure.

Again, if he's been given the average wage for a fullback for this division I think its a good deal.. but if its just a "pay cut" from 30k to 25k then I'm against it. I just havent seen a reliable figure mentioned other than "hes taken a pay cut" 

He was on £15k/week, he’s taken a pay cut to stay. You aren’t going to find another full back with his experience for any less so it’s an excellent bit of business.

Regardless of what people think about his ability, he’s clearly a pro who loves the club and will be a positive influence on the younger members of the squad. The fact the announcement has had most of the squad (plus JT and Snodgrass) congratulating him on social media says it all. First bit of positivity for a couple of weeks!

If we bought someone in for LB, transfer fee/loan fees wages, would cost more than the club can afford. Would rather the club save their pennies for finding a GK that we don't have. 

Decent enough for another year. 

Welcome Back Scottish Cafu

• Like 1

Â