Alan Hutton

Rich_D

58 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Maybe if you had have been there, sir. Maybe if you had heard the joyous cries when Alan picked up the ball and skipped in field. Maybe if you had heard just one of the many "Go on Alan!!" as he went on a lung busting run that would unite the crowd and dull the moans.  He has an unidentifiable gift of getting the crowd behind the team and the booboys onside. We don't know why. We don't know how, but God dammit he just does. That has got to be worth a hill of beans in his topsy turvy world.

I do.

because he makes powerful, pacy runs deep in to the heart of the opposition and does not look like getting dispossessed.

22 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Quite a few of our average at best players seem to be doing quite well elsewhere lol. Maybe, just maybe, some fans are too critical ?

well, some fans will see that as playing for a better manager......Joe, for me has improved as he has added that maturity to his game.

He always had good quick feet for me....I liked him, but always thought of him as a bit lightweight.

He has learned his trade and now and plays with Sol Bamba and Sean Morrison, which must be a huge boost in terms of presence.

sometimes players are with us at the wrong time.....but I always liked Joe.

Terry, thats where Saunders was cute....bought his players just at the right time in their careers

Edited by TRO

Never been a fan, ability or decision making wise, but he has been very good since he switched to Left Back, and as most say, his attitude has been absolutely Top Class.

How anybody can see this as a negative, particularly given our current situation, is absolutely mind bogglingly baffling to me.

A really really terrific bit of news.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

well, some fans will see that as playing for a better manager......Joe, for me has improved as he has added that maturity to his game.

He always had good quick feet for me....I liked him, but always thought of him as a bit lightweight.

He has learned his trade and now and plays with Sol Bamba and Sean Morrison, which must be a huge boost in terms of presence.

sometimes players are with us at the wrong time.....but I always like Joe.

Terry, thats where Saunders was cute....bought his players just at the right time in their careers

They certainly will. All those players that were no good, all fine now with better Managers. Makes me laugh.

Fact is, outside the top 6 Clubs, the difference between most players is marginal. It exists, and ability levels drop incrementally, but performance will usually be far more to do with what’s going on in their heads than the ability with their feet.  They all have their better times and poorer times, the trick in both cases is to get as many in the first category as possible.

Which, back to Hutton, is more reasons it makes sense to keep him, he’s playing as well as he ever has.

• Like 2

First bit of good news we have had since pre play off final. Our best full back, either left or right, and a man who leads by example never giving less than 100%. If we had a squad of players with Huttons heart and desire last season we'd be in the top flight now.

I am pleased for him and us.

• Like 2

Truly deserved. Great player at this level, and a great statement that he has signed, now, with everything that is allegedly going on. As has been said, he could walk into pretty much any team in the championship. 

• Like 2

Â