Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I think it's always important to keep players who knows the club and want to stay at the club. Unlike a lot of teams, we have chopped and changed so much and only really had Gabby here who has been here a while.

He seems to have took a pay cut and rejected bigger offers to stay here which says a lot about how much he loves it here and wants to play for our shirt.

He may not been the best player, but has generally been very consistent and never be accused of not putting 100% in. You can also blame him for the Fulham goal but it happens.

Very happy with this, seems to have excellent attitude and always has. Even when he was in the bomb squad he kept his head down working. Never gonna be the most talented at the club but the perfect attitude and if he's also taken a pay cut then hats off to him. 

• Like 1

I'm chuffed with this news. If Bruce is a safe pair of hands then Hutton is a safe pair of feet, relatively speaking.

Despite being close to pension age, he is easily good enough for a mid-to-upper-table Championship team, and to bring in a replacement on the same money or less would be difficult. Add in his leadership and flexibility to cover right or left back, and this was as 'no brainer' as they come!

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Fair play for taking a pay cut but I think this isnt that good news. He is 34 we need to build for the future.

Lets gets to Aug 4 with 11 players and 0 points first ! baby steps mate !

• Haha 2

I'm happy for him and I still believe he can give something to the team. He is know for the odd error here and there, but isn't every player.

Him staying certainly makes me feel more certain that Bruce is also, but anything could happen before the start of the season with the situation we are in.

Â