Alan Hutton

Rich_D

9 hours ago, Jareth said:

No he cannot have a new contract. I appreciate his efforts but he was instrumental in all the cackness once upon a time - we do not move on with him in the side.

My recollection is he was treated like shit by a series of managers and also by the club but remained calm and worked hard to maintain his level of performance. (Remember when he was being picked for the Scottish national side but, IIRC, training with our under-23s). That hard work is finally paying off. Villa have a lot to thank him for.

• Like 3

I absolutely love this player. He's the definition of hard work paying off and sound professional. There's a reason for all the love he's getting atm. 

• Like 3

Ok, I know I'm irrational about Hutton, based on recent season(s), but is there any room for sentimentality? It's like Bruce, cheers for promotion but hello Rafa, and Hutton, well if we go up there will be money to replace him with something younger and exciting. One more year as cover perhaps, but in the premier league he'll be tested very sorely and frequently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Ok, I know I'm irrational about Hutton, based on recent season(s), but is there any room for sentimentality? It's like Bruce, cheers for promotion but hello Rafa, and Hutton, well if we go up there will be money to replace him with something younger and exciting. One more year as cover perhaps, but in the premier league he'll be tested very sorely and frequently. 

Who is Rafa and why are we saying hello to him?

Edited by sexbelowsound

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Who is Rafa and why are we saying hello to him?

Example being if the option was Rafa (Benitez) over Bruce it's an obvious upgrade, despite this season's efforts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Example being if the option was Rafa (Benitez) over Bruce it's an obvious upgrade, despite this season's efforts

I see, but Rafa is unlikely to be available and also part of his strength this season might come from knowing his squad well?

I'm all for making improvements. If there are better options available then we should explore them, but a one year extension for Hutton as a backup/rotation player wouldn't be terrible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I see, but Rafa is unlikely to be available and also part of his strength this season might come from knowing his squad well?

I'm all for making improvements. If there are better options available then we should explore them, but a one year extension for Hutton as a backup/rotation player wouldn't be terrible.

Hutton's promotion-winning goal was very good, he's earned a 1-year extension.

f98.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Jareth said:

You're obsessed with Rafa aren't you?

Who basically had Newcastle Mid Table ish.

Why would he leave?

lol

ALSO, I think most people are under the impression that once we are promoted we will be able to buy 22 top players. It will need to be a process, and Hutton is more than good enough to be a squad player at minimum.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You're obsessed with Rafa aren't you?

Totally, albeit he's more a metaphor now for the level of manager who could come in straight away (at least in my head).

I'm gonna about turn on Hutton, I have a feeling that Bruce will remain next season if we don't go up so he might as well have that 12 month contract now. Only way he doesn't get it, is, yes you guessed it, we go up and Rafa comes in.

• Like 1

Â