Alan Hutton

Rich_D

It would be crazy to give him an extension. Have we learned nothing. He is not good enough for the Premier League, and if, heaven forbid, we do not get promoted, I would hope we will be looking at our youngsters or buying young for the future.

• Like 3

IF we get PL, not one of our players yesterday are good enogh. Terry might be, but he is more of a loan player I say. Chester and Hourrihane can play in the Pl with better players, and hopefully Elmo as right back, not at midfield. 

4 minutes ago, villa82 said:

IF we get PL, not one of our players yesterday are good enogh. Terry might be, but he is more of a loan player I say. Chester and Hourrihane can play in the Pl with better players, and hopefully Elmo as right back, not at midfield. 

I don't think Hourihane is a premier league player tbh, not as a regular at least. However if we do go up a lot rides on the extent to which our players can raise their games at that level. We will of course need to spend a good £60m-£70m to bring in additional quality regardless.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So how did he play? Did he suffer without Adomah tracking back and covering?

Was exposed for pace on  the first goal but apart from that seemed ok. 

‘Rarely got forward .

Edited by Eastie

I'm not an massive fan tbh but last night he was the only player on the pitch first half that looked like he knew we had to win the game.

Really good game for him.

Also with all that good will he has built up the place would have exploded if that shot went in last minute.

Big problem last night is he got in a good position on a few occasions but virtually every time came back onto his right foot and failed to deliver a telling cross - for this reason I would consider bringing Taylor back into the team .

Hutton whatever his faults though always gives his all .

I thought he was shit. Has he ever delivered a final ball of any quality in his entire Villa career?

Would have redeemed himself if that shot at the end had gone in though.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â