Alan Hutton

Rich_D

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Said it in the match thread, but De Laet was arguably at fault for both Reading goals and is coming back from a huge injury.  Subbing him off was necessary tbh. 

Maybe so but why not for Bree?

4 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Maybe so but why not for Bree?

Hutton is a better right back currently.

I agree that Bree could've, perhaps even should've been given a run out since he's our future, though.

Edited by bobzy

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Said it in the match thread, but De Laet was arguably at fault for both Reading goals and is coming back from a huge injury.  Subbing him off was necessary tbh. 

Yeah, I don't really have a problem with that, it was more in the context of what has been said on this thread since the Cardiff game that it made me laugh.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I agree that Bree could've, perhaps even should've been given a run out since he's our future, though.

I doubt it. Given our player turnover he will be on loan somewhere next season, and sold the year after. No stability or continuity at present. As for Hutton he is ok at this level but nothing more than that. Tries hard but very limited. 

Alan Hutton is an absolute abortion of a footballer. Putrid with the ball, septic without it. I would say that of the 5 worst individual performances I've ever seen from players in a Villa shirt, Hutton must be responsible for at least 3. Giving away possession time after time, beaten by his winger on every occasion, defending absurdly narrow for fear of being destroyed, stepping up at the wrong time costing countless goals. 

It's like one of those challenges they used to have on the old Fifas - 

Win a match when down 2-0 at half time

Win a match against a team in the division above you

Win a match with Alan Hutton on a one-man mission to sabotage you

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Happens time and time again, for some reason a lot of fans either don't see it or choose to ignore it because he gallops forward like a headless carthorse.

But he trys hard and didn't give up even when put in the bomb squad 

Â