Alan Hutton

Rich_D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rumours he is in talks with Sheffield Wednesday. Will wish him well but i think its right decision to let him leave. We need better and Bree really needs to be our regular right back.  Also have de laet back and in an emergency bacuna. 

• Like 2

Heres the link although not sure how reliable site is

Here

Report: Sheffield Wednesday make shock move for Aston Villa's Alan Hutton

A report claims Sheffield Wednesday hope to agree a fee and speak to the Aston Villa player on Tuesday.

Sheffield Wednesday are 'making a shock move' for Aston Villa right-back Alan Hutton, The Sun reports [4 July, page 51].

It is claimed the Owls hope to agree a fee with the Villans and speak to the player today [Tuesday].

Aston Villa’s Alan Hutton

Hutton recently had his Villa Park contract extended by 12 months until June 2018, however, Steve Bruce's side have been linked with alternatives in his position.

Even so, convincing Aston Villa to sell to a likely promotion rival could prove difficult for Wednesday, as was the case when the Owls tried, unsuccessfully, to sign Villans left-back Joe Bennett a year ago.

Bennett was keen on a return to Hillsborough, where he had spent the second half of the 2015-16 season on loan, but the move was blocked by Villa chairman Tony Xia, who promptly sold him to Cardiff City instead.

Hutton would be the latest in a long line of past-and-present Scotland internationals in Carlos Carvalhal's side, after Ross Wallace, Barry Bannan, Steven Fletcher, Jordan Rhodes and new Owls recruit George Boyd

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm surprised they're interested if it's true.

But if it is true then I'd be happy for him to leave. I think he's done ok here overall, and last season especially his performances were to a decent standard.

But he's not the future. I still think he's incredibly limited going forward and I'd much rather see De Laet playing and Bree developing in that position.

if he does move on, then I wish him well.

My thoughts too stevo. He is 32. Could probably still do a job for a year or two. We need to be thinking about the future now. If a good offer is made then we shouldnt stand in his way.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 3

Â