Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I think the very opposite. We matched his Ci£y wages, possibly bettered and gave him a stupidly long deal. He's not stupid and won't give up on his last big pay day.

We didn't. Given took a reported 50% pay cut. 5 year deal, yes.. but that still clearly showed he wanted to play.

Can see him going to Reading in January. Fredirici is looking out of his depth in these early games and they're going to need to spend in Jan to stay up, IMO.

i wouldnt want to see given leave, but at the same time, i believe guzan has earnt the right to be no1

we still need a reasonable decent back up keeper, im surprised we still have marshall on the books, hes far from a premier league keeper

I think the very opposite. We matched his Ci£y wages, possibly bettered and gave him a stupidly long deal. He's not stupid and won't give up on his last big pay day.

We didn't. Given took a reported 50% pay cut. 5 year deal, yes..but that still clearly showed he wanted to play.

Can see him going to Reading in January. Fredirici is looking out of his depth in these early games and they're going to need to spend in Jan to stay up, IMO.

Can't see him going to Reading. He won't want to be playing in the Championship next season although a loan move might be a possibility until the end of the season?

I tend to think though we're being a little premature in writing Given off. I'm sure he will be called upon again and we may just see the Given of last season after the kick up the back side the manager has eh, just Given him.

Somehow I thought this was the Alan Hutton Fan Club thread. I popped in just to see who and why anyone was on it. Now I see. It's really the "lets discuss keepers and anything that strikes us that isn't alan Hutton" thread. Funny name for it, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Seemed to play ok last night from what I saw. Admittedly I didn't see the whole game and there were a couple of the usual two-footed lunges but hopefully he might have caught someone's eye last night and he might be on a wish-list for some clubs January transfers.

Seemed to play ok last night from what I saw. Admittedly I didn't see the whole game and there were a couple of the usual two-footed lunges but hopefully he might have caught someone's eye last night and he might be on a wish-list for some clubs January transfers.

jan would be a good time to movehim on when hopefully the buying club are a bit more desperate and we can get some better value.

Â