Alan Hutton

Rich_D

54 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Yeah, I hope this is not true. Why would you risk alianating him now? I don't buy it.

He has been incredibly loyal and a true professional throughout his time here. There is no way he won’t give his all for the rest of the season. He’s one of our own now, despite his and downs. A goal to beat SHA and another to seal promotion and he should be knighted. If not sainted. 

Not renewing his contract makes no sense to me, even if it's just a year extension he's been great for the club he's not magically going to go rubbish at the end of the season. If we're in the prem yeah we'll need a new LB but he'll be good enough to cover for RB and LB, then if we don't get promoted he'll be good enough for the championship. Seems to be a slap in the face to a loyal player who is playing very well at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Alexbass08 said:

Not renewing his contract makes no sense to me, even if it's just a year extension he's been great for the club he's not magically going to go rubbish at the end of the season. If we're in the prem yeah we'll need a new LB but he'll be good enough to cover for RB and LB, then if we don't get promoted he'll be good enough for the championship. Seems to be a slap in the face to a loyal player who is playing very well at the moment.

Thing is for next year we'll have a 30+ RB in Elmo, with any luck a fully fit RDL who'll be turning 30 - both of whom have premier league experience and a promising youngster in Bree. Taylor will need competition at LB a 34yr old Hutton just isn't the future.

I'm glad he's having a swansong and all that but the reality is Elmohamady has taken his place in the team already.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alexbass08 said:

He has to earn it and we are not promoted yet. 

I am sure I have read Tony Xia putting all contract talks off until June when we know where we are at. Sensible move in my view.

Don't want to see him in a villa shirt if we get promoted. Been great for us, a cult hero, we're paying him handsomely for that though at the moment and will continue to pay him until end of June for the privilege. If he stays in the championship playing for another club I'll be happy for him and wish him all the best. 

• Like 2

I absolutely love Alan Hutton and he has had a superb season.

However

Alan is either absolutely horrendous or literally the Scottish Cafu. I sadly think if we do get promoted, which hopefully we will, we’ll see more of the bad than the Cafu.

Im sure Alan will continue to perform like a real professional and get a contract at the end of the season with another Championship Club. It will also give us the rumoured 60k per week in wages to play about with.

Thanks for everything Alan!! 

• Like 1

If we stay down here another season, I’d give him a year extension. If we go up, then no. 

He’s at the back end of his career and wouldn’t offer enough in the Prem IMO. 

Great character though - especially with what he’s been through at our club overall. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

If we stay down here another season, I’d give him a year extension. If we go up, then no. 

He’s at the back end of his career and wouldn’t offer enough in the Prem IMO. 

Great character though - especially with what he’s been through at our club overall. 

Agreed, no need to decide Hutton  future until we know which league we will be in 

20 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Yeah, I hope this is not true. Why would you risk alianating him now? I don't buy it.

He knows where he stands. He's playing for a contract elsewhere now. The better he performs the more chance he has. At least that's how I'd look at it.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

The club need to learn from past mistakes, and sentimentality is something we do not need in our dealings.

I agree with this, but just think I would've waited and played time. 

I swear you could nuke Villa Park and the only thing left would be the cockroaches and Alan bloody Hutton, not a mark on him, stood right in the ash blasted remnants of the centre circle.

He is too old, too average and on too much money.  To give him a contract extension would be madness, utter, utter madness.

I grant you that he puts a shift in and seems to care - and right now, he's a slightly better option than a very average Neil Taylor.  But I'm shocked at how much currency that's earnt him with the fans!!  His falacies are still there for all to see if you look closely. 

I'm all for this little swansong and i hope he writes himself into folklore with a promotion winning contribution, but once that's done, it's got to be good-bye. 

41 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Has the club made this public? I assumed it was just idle VT chit chat.

its in tonights Birmingham Mail, so it must be true.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I swear you could nuke Villa Park and the only thing left would be the cockroaches and Alan bloody Hutton, not a mark on him, stood right in the ash blasted remnants of the centre circle.

He is too old, too average and on too much money.  To give him a contract extension would be madness, utter, utter madness.

I grant you that he puts a shift in and seems to care - and right now, he's a slightly better option than a very average Neil Taylor.  But I'm shocked at how much currency that's earnt him with the fans!!  His falacies are still there for all to see if you look closely. 

I'm all for this little swansong and i hope he writes himself into folklore with a promotion winning contribution, but once that's done, it's got to be good-bye. 

When you have watched a team play for c 8 years and struggled to see any character in it.....is it any wonder, he has a few fans.

sure he has his faults and positioning is one.....but hey, if it I had a choice of one of them in the trenches, he would be one I would choose.

I think the timing of this, does not sound good to be when you want every player to be bang at it, for the run in.....but conversely I suppose they are trying to give him time to find alternative arrangements.

If Colin Calderwood does not get retained they could have us for rascism:)

20 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Has the club made this public? I assumed it was just idle VT chit chat.

Bruce has said he is not in a position to offer new contracts to anyone at this moment in time until we know which division we are in and that huttons situation  may change but if we fail to go up he says there will be cuts which I think we all knew .

Â