Alan Hutton

Rich_D

1 minute ago, av1 said:

You think so? He was indeed rubbish today, but he's been rubbish many times under Bruce and still gets picked. 

I hope you're right of course, but i wouldn't be suprised at all to see start Tuesday/Friday 

I think, I hope, being hooked for another fullback at 60 minutes is evidence that the penny finally dropped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

I think, I hope, being hooked for another fullback at 60 minutes is evidence that the penny finally dropped.

I hope so, he is always out of position or being caught out at the far post. He offers nothing going forward, I have no idea why or how he is still here. I can only assume he has some compromising pics of the club management in his possession.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I hope so, he is always out of position or being caught out at the far post. He offers nothing going forward, I have no idea why or how he is still here. I can only assume he has some compromising pics of the club management in his possession.

Because he tries hard and has one of the few songs Villa fans actually sing so people mistake him for a fans favourite. 

I think today marked the end of Hutton. A defender rarely gets pulled from a match even if they are not having a great match. You really have to be a liability to get subbed off as a direct replacement. Hopefully Bruce now sees that Hutton just isn't good enough. Hutton is a likable character, and I am sure a great player to have around the team, but he shouldn't be starting matches. 

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't know. I think this could be it.

After watching Bruce scream at him throughout the first half I did wonder if he had finally had enough. It can't be good for his blood pressure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Horrendous again today. 

@Stevo985 what did you think? :D (joke!)

Figurative olive branch being held out here!

I thought he was shit like he always is. 

No doubt you'll think this post says "I thought he was amazing" for some reason. 

Just now, tismyk said:

Trouble is, he is still the best right back we have.

No he's not. 

RDL as a dedicated Right back is already better than Hutton. 

And, he hasn't played there yet for us, but Elmohamady could probably do a better job too. 

With those two and Bree developing, we really don't need Hutton. 

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

What on earth was he doing for their first goal?

In the second half, playing on the Doug Ellis side he didn't have Bruce next to him screaming at him where to stand every 30 seconds and telling him to switch on.

**** garbage player.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I think today marked the end of Hutton. A defender rarely gets pulled from a match even if they are not having a great match. You really have to be a liability to get subbed off as a direct replacement. 

Like De Laet the other day? 

Hutton was on a yellow, no support from Elmo and up against their best player who was getting a lot of the ball. It was the right decision to take him off because he was a red just waiting to happen.

I'm not so sure it is the end of Hutton, neither of the other right backs have really made a case for being first choice, other than not being Hutton. Of course it would be nice to see Bree come in and make the position his, but he hasn't convinced so far.

• Like 2

Â