Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

True, but 3 games in a week with the same team would take it out of any side. You would rarely see Man U start with a similar side for 3 games in 7 days.

That said, it's important to follow a win up with a good performance. If Delfouneso isnt featuring for the reserves, I'd like to see Young and Downing atleast rested.

We have 2 weeks off after the Bolton game as well, so would be crazy to rest players for this IMO. Full strength.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but 3 games in a week with the same team would take it out of any side. You would rarely see Man U start with a similar side for 3 games in 7 days.

That said, it's important to follow a win up with a good performance. If Delfouneso isnt featuring for the reserves, I'd like to see Young and Downing atleast rested.

We have 2 weeks off after the Bolton game as well, so would be crazy to rest players for this IMO. Full strength.

Didnt realise that DWM.

In that case, I'd still use it as an opportunity to play Delph and Bradley in the centre of the park, but otherwise a full strength 11.

Who says Delph and Bradley will be understrength? I'd say those two could hold their own in the middle of the park. I'd also play Dunne and Clark at the back as i like the balance.

would be absolute suicidal imo, but so was startin pires on saturday

Depends if we beat City, if we do we'll have a fixture against Everton on the 12/03. The break will be on the weekend of 26th/27th.

Depends if we beat City, if we do we'll have a fixture against Everton on the 12/03. The break will be on the weekend of 26th/27th.

Didn't know that :oops:

Still, it's hardly a congested fixture list and there is a break coming. If we rest players we'll most likely be having the break sooner than we want and it'll seem crazy to have rested them, so still a full strength side for me.

We should line up strong, but can tweak it anyway with Heskey, Petrov, Gabby in for probably Bent, Albrighton, Pires.

City have injury problems and have played a lot of games recently, so it's as good a chance as we'll have with this fixture. We should be fresher than them, confident after Blackburn win and they really won't want a draw as they have a big battle for 4th plus Europa cup games. I think we've got a good chance if we play it conservative first half and avoid going behind early as we did in the league game there.

I hope Bradley get a start. We really havent seen him at all. Those few minutes 3 weeks ago is nothing to judge him on. Maybe a Bradley-Delph combo? Also, I hope Guzan gets the start. He did well at Hull and I am sure Friedel could use the break. I'd like to see:

----------------Guzan--------------------

----Who ever is fit enough to start----

--Albrighton-Bradley-Delph-Downing-

-------Agbonlahor----Delfouneso------

I wouldn't rest anybody, City don't seem at their best, nothing is expected of us and we've nothing to lose.

This game is our season.

think to say that is a bit strong OBE...if we go through then great, but a couple of poor results and we're back in the relegation fight so league should be our priority until we are definatly safe