Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Shoody

I think this game's importance has just jumped up a bit now that the winners will play Reading at home.

This.

I'm more nervous than I already was now. This game is now even more important. We can do this but we will need to perform to the highest standard. I hope Houllier doesn't go with the same line-up as against Blackburn in the last round. We need the first teamers playing for this one.

We are so close to going all the way. I am praying that we beat Man City. Come on the Villa! It's now or never. UTV!

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we meet again.

I'm glad Everton are out, if we were to get through they'd have been our death knell. We never **** beat them.

This game just got even bigger, the winner has a fantastic chance of getting to Wembley; I'm getting nervous already. The thing we definitely have going for us is Bent out. He scores against us nearly every time he plays against us. However, our squad is stretched as well. Albeit we still have Dzeko, Tevez and Balotelli available, the spine of our team in Kompany and De Jong are both definitely out while Silva is doubtful. I predict something along these lines:

--------------Hart----------------

Richards-Kolo-Lescott-Kolarov

-------------Barry---------------

---------Yaya---Milner----------

Balotelli-------------------Tevez

-------------Dzeko--------------

Hopefully we'll get the win but typical City isn't dead yet, I'm not taking anything for granted. Hopefully the team won't either, it won't be the same Villa side turning up as in December.

Obviously City have quality all over the park, but Kompany is as big a loss for them as Bent is for us, possibly more so. He's been a monster this season.

Big game for Walker at right back if James' formation is right.

Can't say I'm expecting us to win this one, but we have a chance.

Not been this excited for a game in a long while, won't be able to concentrate at work today. Especially now Reading await in the QFs.

Downing 16/1 with William Hill to score first btw, think it's worth a punt.

I've got a good feeling about this one. You sense that we may finally be gaining confidence and as a team realising that if we play as a team everyone pulling together giving our all then we are a match for anyone.

I'm going for a 2-1 win for us. Then beat Reading in the quarters, meet Sha in the semis and put them back in their rightful place then Man Utd in the final and avenge last seasons final defeat.

As for the team same as Saturday but with Gabby in for Bent, Luke Young or Delph in for Baker and Stan in for Pires.