The 'Good luck Arsenal' banner.

vivaashleyyoung

I actually think everyone saying it stinks of small time need a relaity check and need to lighten up a bit.

Ok, I understand that we are better than blues, always have been, and probably always will be, but this does not take away from the passionate rivalry we have with them. I have to come to realise that football is full of rocket polishers, run by rocket polishers and controlled by money. This being said, Villa may not win a trophy for the next ten years or even compete at the highest level for a long time to come. The Rivalry we have in Birmingham with SHA is all we have at times and even in somewhat medicore seasons our games against them always provoke the most passionate and exhiliarting moments.

Yes it may have brought us down to their level but this rivalry is all I have to look forward to at times. I hate them and always will do but I love the rivalry. The banner for me was funny. It brought a smile to most of the ground.

If its all kept in context its fine, but just remember, what goes around comes around.

The problem with all this sort of stuff is -

some don't know where to draw the line, and some unsuspecting soul kops it for someone elses OTT actions/comments.

I'm not really bothered who wins.

I'm more interested in putting energy in to supporting the Villa than bashing our rivals.

I guess it smacks a bit of smalltime but as said above, most of the ground thought it was funny. It's light hearted banter. I would rather a humorous banner than us ripping their stands apart after games dont go our way.

I actually think everyone saying it stinks of small time need a relaity check and need to lighten up a bit.

Ok, I understand that we are better than blues, always have been, and probably always will be, but this does not take away from the passionate rivalry we have with them. I have to come to realise that football is full of rocket polishers, run by rocket polishers and controlled by money. This being said, Villa may not win a trophy for the next ten years or even compete at the highest level for a long time to come. The Rivalry we have in Birmingham with SHA is all we have at times and even in somewhat medicore seasons our games against them always provoke the most passionate and exhiliarting moments.

Yes it may have brought us down to their level but this rivalry is all I have to look forward to at times. I hate them and always will do but I love the rivalry. The banner for me was funny. It brought a smile to most of the ground.

I found the banner funny, but what gets on my nerves is the constant singing about small heath even when we aren't playing them that drives me nuts

Agreed, we really shouldn't be singing about them but I get always get the feeling it catches on if a few youngsters start singing it, have been hearing Holte Enders In the Sky a lot more recently and the Holte were quite loud yesterday compared to other games I've been to this season, and tbf the 'Birmingham, are you listening' iirc was only sung rather quietly at the start of the game

I think it was a nice simple message that came from the heart. I have no problem with this banner or with the chant from the Holte End and I'm sure Small Heath would have expected nothing less from us. I just wonder why Arsenal would need any luck given who they are playing (surely that is more than enough luck already)... :lol:

Its completely small time and I hate it. We have much more important things to be cracking on with than singing for a team who our rivals are playing, but this being VP it doesn't suprise me one bit.

Its something they do all the time, all they seem concerned about today is what the Villa fans are doing and chanting about us. We have more chants about them than we do our own team.

Â