• A Young
    • Pirès
    • Albrighton
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bent
    • Delph (for Baker 36)
    • Petrov (for Pires 70)
    • Heskey (for Bent 83)

Apparently Stan refused captains armband when offered by Ash when he came on according to Skysports..

He did, I saw this.

I saw it too it wasn't in a disrespectful way though, he just thought that Ash should have it for the remainder of the game. No point changing captains mid game.

ashley cole is not the greatest at defending but decent defending mixed with good passing and good attacking skills mak him a very good player. hopefully delph can be that player at left back for us. it would solve a big problem of having lots of midfielders and not many fullbacks.

I take your point, but Ashley Cole is a fantastic defender. You dont have Christiano Ronaldo in your pocket as many times as he has if you cant defend. :winkold:

Why talk of whether Delph can play left back? That won't be anything GH is thinking of - he is a centre midfielder who was forced to play at left back because there was no-one else. The fact that Baker, as good as he may he he is very inexperienced, was our first choice left back today shows how few choices we had there.

I didnt see the game but seemed like a great performance, but once again we fail to keep a clean sheet. Goal may have been unfortunate and nothing could be done, but we're still failing to keep clean sheets. West Ham, Everton, Birmingham and Man City I believe are the only games we've kept a clean sheet in. Four clean sheets all season?

first half was ok,had plenty of chances,second half was the best we've played for a long time,Young and Downing played really well. Also I though Pires played his part in midfield,passes the ball very well! good 3 points,hopefully start moving up the league now!

Why talk of whether Delph can play left back? That won't be anything GH is thinking of - he is a centre midfielder who was forced to play at left back because there was no-one else. The fact that Baker, as good as he may he he is very inexperienced, was our first choice left back today shows how few choices we had there.

I didnt see the game but seemed like a great performance, but once again we fail to keep a clean sheet. Goal may have been unfortunate and nothing could be done, but we're still failing to keep clean sheets. West Ham, Everton, Birmingham and Man City I believe are the only games we've kept a clean sheet in. Four clean sheets all season?

because that is where he played today, odd question?

we have several central midfielders at our club, either we get rid of some or we stumble across other positions they can play in. they cant all play and we can only name 25 squad players.

warnock i doubt will play again for us, it leaves baker. i would like us to have more than baker capable of playing left back.

delph today played the ball out from the back, played it along the back line, helped support the attack down the left and didnt concede stupid free kicks in dangerous areas or make dangerous back passes to brad who then hoofs it and we lose the ball.

delph is not the tallest and can tackle but is also very good on the ball, if he has good positional sense then he could be the answer to our left back problem.

i would also like to know how you know exactly what GH is thinking? do you mind read in fluent french?

I thought we played well in the first half, created a hat full of chances and couldn't put them away, the chance they had at the start of the second half from a defensive error looked like the classic mugging, but Friedel made a decent save - what was good to see was that we then went on to play very well in the second half, create a hat full of chances and put some of them away.

Confidence. We picked some up from our first half performance, had it tested when they had their chance, and again when they scored, but we came through. If we can keep that confidence then we can be a very good side.

I thought Ashley Young was outstanding in the hole, Downing was excellent on the right and Albrighton excellent on the left - even though I'm not sure any of those things is a good idea.

I thought Pires was excellent - I owe him an apology.

I thought Delph did really well at left back, I couldn't figure out how we were going to cover it and I think ultimately Delph was the right choice simply because nothing seems to faze him and he seems comfortable anywhere.

Clark and Dunne looked good together too I thought and Reo Coker is having a good season in the midst of all the chaos. Walker was impressive too.

Bent is a worry for me and personally I'd start Gabby ahead of him at the moment. His movement is good, but his touch is poor and he doesn't seem quite at the pace of things. That said, if he starts our remaining ten league games I wouldn't be surprised to see him get half a dozen goals - I can live with his shortcomings if that's the case.

Blackburn were poor, but I don't think that should detract from out best home performance since West Ham on the opening day. Our football in the last fifteen minutes when we were Ole-ing every pass was a joy - just like watching Brazil indeed.

One swallow doesn't make a summer (although it does make for a very enjoyable Saturday evening) but I'm hopeful we can take a little of today's sparkle to Manchester and then to Bolton.

We've won a must win game and looked good doing it; it's been a good day.

Gave MOTM to Ash but Pires and Downing came close. Good show from Delph too who didn't look fazed by playing left back.

Nice to go into the last 10 mins of a game without pressure.

Special mention to the Good Luck Arsenal banner guy, give that man a rosy apple

We weren't at the races 1st half, finding it difficult to break down a side who'd set out their stall. Pires and Albrighton were terrible 1st 45.

2nd half, very good, although Blackburn were poor. Young, Pires, Downing, Albrighton, Walker in particular playing very well. MOTM Young.

The 'team' played really well today, a good solid performance by all the lads. However, I have to say that it makes all the difference when we put our chances away and kill the game off. We should've got at em more in the first half though, because as soon as we did in the second half Blackburn couldn't handle it. A couple of quality goals by Downing and Young too.

Let's hope this performance breeds the confidence to go and beat Citeh in the cup.

We weren't at the races 1st half, finding it difficult to break down a side who'd set out their stall. Pires and Albrighton were terrible 1st 45.

2nd half, very good, although Blackburn were poor. Young, Pires, Downing, Albrighton, Walker in particular playing very well. MOTM Young.

To me Pires was the one player who looked like making something happen in the first half whilst the rest labored. In no way would I call him terrible.

The Pires enigma concerns him having a better 'footballing brain' than anyone in our team and the legs of a 37 year-old. The ability and vision is still there but the reflexes and pace are long gone. I have to admit that I'm always gutted when I see him start.

The Pires enigma concerns him having a better 'footballing brain' than anyone in our team and the legs of a 37 year-old. The ability and vision is still there but the reflexes and pace are long gone. I have to admit that I'm always gutted when I see him start.

Are we really slagging off pires after today's performance. I thought he ran the show

Â