• A Young
    • Pirès
    • Albrighton
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bent
    • Delph (for Baker 36)
    • Petrov (for Pires 70)
    • Heskey (for Bent 83)

Not taking anything away from the lads but how dreadful were Blackburn?! Especially the defending in Downing's goal.

But you can only beat what's in front off you and we did it in style today.

Pires, Downing and Ash the best players today with special mentions to Albrighton (second half) and Reo-Coker.

On the NorthwestVilla bus on way home. Brilliant!! Thanks lads. You were all great. Special mentions for Pires, true class & Ashley, what can I say? Also Kyle Walker & Marcy, Marc always +ve. And Fabien? Welcome back you are the future!

We were lions out there, instead of pathetic pussycats. Credit to Young and Pires, I slagged both of them off midway through the first half, and Houllier must have said something at HT, because we were another level to them. I've said for ages someone is due a thrashing off us, and so it came to pass today. More next week please! And best of luck to the Arse tomorrow!

what an utter prick le tissier is villa and blackburn were even till the first goal what the hell was this wankstain watching tbh Villa battered b/burn the whole match and should have gone in at least 2-0 up at half time

Friedel. Unused.

Walker. Excellent both in attack and in defence when needed.

Dunne. Solid.

Clark. Solid and comfortable.

Baker. Did well

Albrighton. Looked lively and needs to play on the right.

NRC. Solid as he has been since Houllier joined.

Pires. Very slow start but created some chances and played well.

Downing. Played well as ever but looks more comfortable on the right, which is worrying as Albrighton, unless it is very open, doesn't look comfortable on the left.

Young. Top performance. Got rid of the snood as well. Coudl have scored more but hey ho.

Bent. Unlucky not to be on the scoresheet.

Delph. Comfortable but untroubled.

Petrov. As above.

Heskey. Should have scored.

The point about Petrov refussing the armband...It was nice as well as respectful that Young offered the armband to him and obviously knows his role within the side.

Could, and maybe should, have been more than just 4 but it is a win and a lot of positives to take from the performance.

Blackburn were terrible but we played very well and could only beat what is in front of us.

Pires has still got it, hasnt got the legs but the class remains. Fabian Delph played brilliantly at left backand is a young man who doesnt lack confidence. Give Downing room and he plays well, still patchy though and looked scared of Salgado andsoon changed to the right/middle.

Ash Young still overhits the pass through to Bent but played his usual energetic game.

Clark should keep his place at CB in front of anyone.

Well done GH for changing it round.

Just back from the game. Quality match especially second half. I'm not sure but am I the only one thinking we may need a little more than that against Man city next week. Also im thinking Young may have only played at the top of his game because Capello was in the crowd.

4/10 today..

He got sent off?

Missed 2 open goals?

seriously, he played a good part in a team performance, shocking analysis imho.

6/10 maybe a 7 because of the whole round team EFFORT.

Don't get me wrong, I AM a DBent fan. Today he was not good. Remember the pass where Blackburn tried to help him score? Should have taken it first time. He had another chance where Young whipped in a good shot/pass and he could have dived in there to try to poke it in, but didn't. He didn't show a whole lot of effort today IMO. When he played for ENG on the other hand...he would have given 110%.

One thing he does badly that drives me crazy is when they play a long ball to him (I hate when they hoof it to him) he always jumps half a second too early. Has anyone else noticed this? He jumps too early and usually is too early to win the header. He can't win those long balls because of this.

Like I said, I am a fan...but today he was subpar. Should have scored 1 or 2.

Ah, one more thing. Ashley Young should have been out on the left abusing Salgado. I don't know why GH didn't see that, he would have had a field day there...especially in the 1st half when Albrighton was struggling on the left. Albrighton on the right, Young on the left.

We were good today, but please let's not forget that Blackburn didn't show up today, plain and simple. Blackburn were TERRIBLE.

Just back from the game. Quality match especially second half. I'm not sure but am I the only one thinking we may need a little more than that against Man city next week. Also im thinking Young may have only played at the top of his game because Capello was in the crowd.

He probably didn't even know.

Â