The VT Twitter Directory

bickster

When you tweet @somebody, how does the other person see it?

Obviously it doesn't appear on their profile so I don't understand how you are supposed to see what other people have tweeted @ you?

When you tweet @somebody, how does the other person see it?

Obviously it doesn't appear on their profile so I don't understand how you are supposed to see what other people have tweeted @ you?

Tweeting @someone DOES appear in their profile. So if someone tweets you it should appear in both your profile and in your 'Mentions' filter. I'm relatively new to all of this so it's stuff I've learnt in the past few weeks.

Although it won't appear in your timeline unless you're following them.

There's a setting you can change to alter that, so you see all tweets by all people you follow, even if it is a mention for someone you don't follow. Or have I missed the point of your post?

• 2 weeks later...
Although it won't appear in your timeline unless you're following them.

There's a setting you can change to alter that, so you see all tweets by all people you follow, even if it is a mention for someone you don't follow. Or have I missed the point of your post?

Belated response Bicks, sorry. I meant so if it comes from @DaveAVFC60 (for example) and you don't follow him, it won't be in your timeline. If it comes from @HughUTV1960 and you do follow him, you'll see it. Thats what I meant! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â