• 70s
    • 80s
    • 90s
    • This current decade (*4 years of)

60's : disqualified (weed)

70's : disqualified (acid)

80's : disqualified (coke)

90's : disqualified (ecstasy)

00's : disqualified (everything, cut badly, plus Mika)

10's : disqualified (miow miow)

Doesn't hold water xann.......... :P

50s : disqualified (benzedrine)  :blink:

60's : disqualified (weed)

70's : disqualified (acid)

80's : disqualified (coke)

90's : disqualified (ecstasy)

00's : disqualified (everything, cut badly, plus Mika)

10's : disqualified (miow miow)

Doesn't hold water xann.......... :P

50s : disqualified (benzedrine)  :blink:

And beatniks

Beatniks%20Riot%20Mirror.jpg

70s was dull until Punk came along. The 80s with New wave and new romantic was the best period for me although it got a bit dull towards the end of the decade. You had some great groups like Joy Division, The Cure, japan etc.

As a rock fan I'd say 60s and 70s, hendrix, The doors, jefferson airplane, grateful dead, janis joplin, The who, The stones, led zep , black sabbath, deep purple and many many other great bands and artists

• Like 2

80's, probably mostly because of the reason Rev brings up. I grew up then. But still my favourite decade when it comes to music and if you have to categorize it in decades. But then again, my girldfriend also likes the 80's the most and she's 9 years older than I.

70s was great until Punk came along. The 80s with New wave and new romantic was the worst period for me and it got extremely dull towards the end of the decade. You had some shite groups like Joy Division, The Cure, japan etc.

Fixed.

As a rock fan I'd say 60s and 70s, hendrix, The doors, jefferson airplane, grateful dead, janis joplin, The who, The stones, led zep , black sabbath, deep purple and many many other great bands and artists

... is the right answer.

Hmmm, I want to say 70s, as it was fairly diverse, and there were many many great artists producing their best work. Rock, Soul, Funk, Punk, Folk, Reggae, Disco, etc produced some amazing music during the 70s, so I'd probably give it the edge. On a selfish note, I'd for 80s as that's when a lot of my favourite bands became active. Alt Rock, Punk, New Wave, Hardcore, Indie, Hip Hop & Dance music all flourished in the 80s. As others have said though, It's hard to pin down music to a decade. Good music goes beyond time.

70s was great until Punk came along. The 80s with New wave and new romantic was the worst period for me and it got extremely dull towards the end of the decade. You had some shite groups like Joy Division, The Cure, japan etc.

Fixed.

... is the right answer.

Its all down to personal preference, those groups were good but it all got a bit boring with these super groups like yes, elp and all the prog rock. Punk changed everything

Can't believe anyone would say 70's was worst. Some of the greatest rock ever recorded was in the 70's. Even if you only mention Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Sabbath you've got a shitload of all time classics

Can't believe anyone would say 70's was worst. Some of the greatest rock ever recorded was in the 70's. Even if you only mention Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Sabbath you've got a shitload of all time classics

your right just those 3 bands gave us a shit load of classic albums songs and live performances, I would say by the late 70s though they were past their best but another generation of rockers were on the scene like acdc, aerosmith, van halen etc etc and as someone else stated the 70s were so diverse you had some awesome funk, disco, motown, I could not stomach punk and I hate the whole image it gave, same with new wave from the 80s, the number of great bands from the 70s pisses all over any other decade

Punk was fine for the first year or so - good, raucous, two-minute, rock'n'roll singles - until the music press and the industry decided that anything pre-punk was verboten and uncool. And the sheep bought the concept, bigtime. Baby thrown out with the bathwater.

What followed (new romantics, synth bands, white funk, post punk, rap and all that) was dire beyond my worst nightmares. How anybody can describe the prog bands as boring and then champion the likes of New Order is beyond me.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

No I don't think I said the 70s was the worst. In fact its a close call between the 70s and 80s for me. I just think prog rock got more about the big massive productions, everybody trying to out do each other and very middle class. The Rick Wakeman performaces grated on me. ELP grated on me. What Punk did was open up music for everyone, that what was good about it. Lets face it the sex pistols were crap musically but their were some good punk groups around like the clash and the stranglers.

Â