Dead Island

Sie

They used to call Alan Wake sandbox too, and look what the early promo of that turned out to be...

Hopefully this doesnt go the same way!

wake WAS originally sandbox, they changed it when they couldnt get the car mechanics right

First look

"Imagine Borderlands set on the Just Cause 2 island with the Left 4 Dead style of zombies, featuring a quest system similar to Fallout 3 and the weapons system of Dead Rising 2. Blend all of that together, and you get Dead Island; or, as Deep Silver likes to refer to it, a "first-person zombie slasher action RPG."

Bold statement.

First look

"Imagine Borderlands set on the Just Cause 2 island with the Left 4 Dead style of zombies, featuring a quest system similar to Fallout 3 and the weapons system of Dead Rising 2. Blend all of that together, and you get Dead Island; or, as Deep Silver likes to refer to it, a "first-person zombie slasher action RPG."

Bold statement.

If it's anything like that I may have to do a little sex wee.

They used to call Alan Wake sandbox too, and look what the early promo of that turned out to be...

Hopefully this doesnt go the same way!

wake WAS originally sandbox, they changed it when they couldnt get the car mechanics right

I know, that's what I was alluding to. You could still drive a car in it though, does that mean it was sandbox? :winkold:

First look

Bold statement.

Yeh, on reflection of 'first person with an emphasis on melee attack' the first thing that comes to mind is oblivion on an island with zombies, and by the sound of that it seems a pretty accurate. Is there any mention of the size of the island in that article? Can't get into it at work, but the size of the Just Cause 2 island is huuuuuuuuuuuge. And size matters, of course.

Whoa hang on, Deep Silver? They're the guys who made Risen...so retrack my 'oblivion on an island with zombies' and replace that with Risen and I'm not so excited anymore. Although I did like their Secret Files games...but they were point n' clickers

music makes the trailer, whip it out or watch it on mute and it loses most of its appeal imo

not expecting a huge amount from this

:lol:

Take out the visuals from Toy Story it would be pretty shit.

not really, its a good story

everyones wetting themselves over a bloody pre rendered slow motion trailer for a zombie game, and its all because of the music

Everyone's wetting themselves because they can see it's a good trailer. I don't see many people saying "this game is going to be awesome" because of that trailer. People are saying it's an excellent trailer, but acknowledging that it doesn't reveal how the game will actually play.

The trailer might only be good because of the music, but luckily the music is part of the trailer, so the trailer remains excellent.

Taking the music out and saying the trailer is nothing special, is like taking the vocals out of a piece of music and saying "see, it's shit without the lyrcis".

music makes the trailer, whip it out or watch it on mute and it loses most of its appeal imo

everyones wetting themselves over a bloody pre rendered slow motion trailer for a zombie game, and its all because of the music

I actually watched the trailer with my sound off (at work) and it still got me. It's well heart-wrenching.

If there was ever a video to hype up a game that is due out, this is it.

Taking the music out and saying the trailer is nothing special, is like taking the vocals out of a piece of music and saying "see, it's shit without the lyrcis".

its really not

Why not?

The music is a major part of the trailer. So are the lyrics of a song. Just because the trailer/song wouldn't be good without that major part doesn't make it not good WITH that major part.

If you listened to the music with a blank screen would you go "wow what a great trailer!!"? No.

The music IS what makes the trailer, but only because it's accompanying those pictures.

Personally, i think what makes the trailer, as well as the music, is the look on the father and daughter's face when they're reaching out for each other in the corridor.

I find myself in this camp. I just see Left 4 Dead.

The trailer is heart breaking. Its not about zombies. Its about human tragedy and witnessing a family being torn apart. To say its just slow motion zombie violence is missing the point entirely.

I'll excuse Nayson though because I have already established that he is a COLD HEARTED BASTARD.

The trailer is heart breaking. Its not about zombies. Its about human tragedy and witnessing a family being torn apart. To say its just slow motion zombie violence is missing the point entirely.

I'll excuse Nayson though because I have already established that he is a COLD HEARTED BASTARD.

Dont make me bring out the Shaun of the Dead argument again.

Dont make me bring out the Shaun of the Dead argument again.

Feel free. It fell on its arse the first time around.

Fancy some Warcraft btw?

Â