Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Let's hope Ged's tactics don't prevent it.

Our achilles heel unfortunately.

You just dont give it up do you.

I am eagerly anticipating the biggest piece of humble pie in the history of the world from you when Houllier turns it around.

I have to say one of the things I like about these days is trying to guess the team, had none of that under O'Neil as everyone knew what we were getting.
Well I bet your guesswork didn't get close to that one today :)

I have to say one of the things I like about these days is trying to guess the team, had none of that under O'Neil as everyone knew what we were getting.
Well I bet your guesswork didn't get close to that one today :)

Laugh Out Loud.

Clark at CB. Plus point

Albrighton on the wing. Plus point.

Young on the wing. Plus point.

Downing in the centre. Plus point (for me)

Pires behind Bent. Strange but will give it a go.

More plus points that negative ones from the selection. Lets get 3 points. UTV

From the manager: Houllier's programme notes

Read Gerard Houllier's pre-match thoughts from today's Villa News & Record.

26th Feb 2011

To add to the matchday experience on www.avfc.co.uk, here are Gerard Houllier's manager notes from his official matchday programme column for today's match against Blackburn.

Hello everybody and welcome to Villa Park for our Barclays Premier League game against Blackburn Rovers.

Familiarity with today's opposition does not diminish the importance of this game.

Since the beginning of the year, the improvement in our level of performance has laid the foundations for a successful second half of the season. Now we must build on these performances by securing the results which will move us up the table.

Our mission is to win every game, especially at home, and to transpose the physical, technical and tactical work in which we immerse ourselves in training into the big arena on match day.

All the time I can see that we are getting better. It is two weeks since we last played a competitive game and we have been able to refresh ourselves and recharge the batteries since the frustrating draw against Blackpool.

The frustration on that day was that we created enough chances to win the game after Gabby Agbonlahor scored the opening goal in the 10th minute. Stewart Downing struck the upright with a confident effort from long-range and our pace, movement and sharp passing ought to have yielded more than a mere point.

But we take heart from the positives in that performance and, in welcoming Steve Kean and his staff today, we recognise the need to continue believing in what we are doing and to appreciate that there will be a dividend.

Victory today will propel us above our opponents in mid-table, so the significance of this game is self-explanatory.

Our fans, of course, are the lifeblood of the football club and it has been a real pleasure this week to welcome two groups of season ticket holders to the training ground to watch training and to enjoy a tour of the wonderful facilities at Bodymoor Heath.

For us, staff and players, it is a privilege to work every day in such a magnificent environment. For the supporters who visited on Tuesday and Thursday, it was an incredible experience of daily life and the behind-the-scenes work that goes on between our games.

The players enjoyed the interaction and the enthusiasm which the visit generated, enthusiasm and passion which I know all of our fans will replicate today for this vital fixture.

www.avfc.co.uk