Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Anything other than a loss is acceptable for me. Will be annoyed with a home draw but wouldn't be the end of the world I guess. Unbeaten in 3 isn't terrible, hoping to get home in time to get tickets to the match. Before somebody bitches at me, yes i am worried and yes i would be very angry at full time if we dont have 3 points.. With a more reasonable head on beforehand as long as we don't lose it wont ruin our confidence. Obviously I want a win. And we need one soon.

How many first team goals has the Fonz scored since the beginning of 2010?

How many of them have been against Blackburn?

Start the boy. He always scores against them.

Great shout.

I'd go a traditional 442 with Fonz and Bent upfront, and Bradley and Makoun as traditional B2B players.

Not sure whether they would gel though considering both of them are new signings.

Not sure why people say this is 'one we should win' etc. For me, Blackburn home or away is one of those games I don't really look forward to; largely because they're quite capable of turning you over fairly easily.

I think we've got to look at getting the ball into DB's feet a lot quicker now. He's just an onlooker atm, while Young and Downing try their damned hardest to win the game all by themselves. Albrightons a far less selfish player and if he plays you can bet Benty will get plenty of chances.

I think we'll edge this one, but its one of those you can't ever take for granted.

I think we'll win this one and quite easily. I'd like to see a proper 4-3-3, with Young and Gabby push further up, with NRC, Bradley and Bannan in the middle.

I actually think Blackburn may struggle to stay up.

Last time at Ewood, Morten Gamst Pederson was the danger man. At the moment he is not in form and if lessons were learned we should be able to deal with his long ball / free kicks etc.

As long as we go out and attack the game right from the off we have a great chance of victory. They're not exactly world class opposition and there support is pretty lame.

This will be my return to Villa Park after an unavoidable absence for a few months and so I am very excited about the game

Cmon Villa !!!

Dont forget Makoun misses 3 matches, Unconvinced on Bradley, when he came on in his last match he looked shattered within 15 minutes, very unconvinced.

---------------Friedel

Walker---Dunne---Clark---Young

-----------------NRC

Young---------Bannan------Downing

-------------Bent---Fonz

Bench: Marshall, Collins, Delph, Gabby, Albrighton, Petrov, Heskey

Bannan flitting between AMC and CM. Downing and Young obviously tracking back to help defend, and Fonz dropping off of Bent slightly, effectively leaving Bent on his own with Fonz assisting and Bannan bossing the midfield like in the cup.

If thats too attacking for everybody:

---------------Friedel

Walker---Dunne---Clark---Young

-------------NRC---Delph

Young---------Bannan------Downing

----------------Bent

Well with Luke Young back, Makoun out and Petrov now back form being rested (why he wasn't just 'dropped' I don't know).

I would go:

----------------------Friedel

Walker-----Collins-------Dunne------Young

Downing----NRC©------Bannan-----Young

--------------Fonz---------Bent

Unfortunately this is Gerard Houllier we are talking about so I expect we will play this:

----------------------Friedel

Walker-----Collins-------Dunne------Clark

Downing----NRC---------Petrov©---Gabby

---------------------Young

----------------------Bent

Play a 442/433 line up with everybody in their right positions and it should be a Villa win. However, this is Houllier and lately has turned into MON with his team selections and favouring to play the majority in unfamiliar positions so I can see this being a draw or loss, if it is then I'm going to the game and will boo at full time if we do not get what should be 3 points. We're at home, against a Blackburn side our weaker team beat in the cup, our first team should beat them! SHOULD! Bring on the weekend!

I would like to see

Friedel

Walker Collins Dunne Clark

Alby NRC Downing Young

Bent Fonz

Won't happen though.

This should be a win...but we haven't beaten them in the league since 08/09 so maybe not.

This should be a win...but we haven't beaten them in the league since 08/09 so maybe not.

So one whole season :lol: hardly makes them our bogey team mate.

They are kind of becoming our bogey team in the league. We've lost to them 3 times on the trot in the league. I can't think of many teams that do that. Of course, in the cups we're their bogey team, having beaten them I don't know how many times in a row.

So one whole season :lol: hardly makes them our bogey team mate.

Didn't say that though did I.

3 league losses on the trot amongst 5 cup wins.

I would play Downing in the middle alongside NRC, get Young out wide and Gabby up front with Bent.

EDIT Actually Heskey with Bent to challenge Samba.

Isn't that playing to Samba's strength though? Although his performance in the Carling Cup was great.

They play a diamond so we will need to be strong in the middle - hence I would play a three man CM - and really get at them out wide. I would play:

--------------- Friedel ---------------

Walker -- Collins - Dunne -- Clark

---------- NRC --- Bannan/Delph --

Albie -------- Bradley ---------- Ash

---------------- Bent -----------------

With a bench of: Marshall, Baker, Young, Bannan/Delph, DJ, Gabby, Heskey. I would expect to see DJ and Gabby with 25 minutes left or so (dependent upon injuries/tactics) and, if we are comfortable (almost never happens!!) give Bannan and Delph a go as the sitting pair.