Subbuteo

villaajax

villaajax, that is truly impressive. I have only witnessed such things before from crazy japanofile kids who adorn every corner of their bedrooms with anything and everything associated with anime. I was half expecting to spot some in your pictures...is that the other side of your room?? Such dedication. I applaud you sir :clap:

Ps. What is your bedsheet?

I still have an astroturf pitch , complete in tube, stored under my bed.

Also still have a Subbuteo Rugby set but seem to have lost my Subbuteo Cricket set.

Never owned a Subbuteo Fishing game though

Was the cricket one called 'World cup cricket' and had a pull string to make the bat move? I still have it :)

Problem is, all you had to do was surround fielders around the outside and you would win easily.

Just noticed somebody has posted 'Monsters in my pocket' :)

Anybody remember Pogs? I still have mine somewhere! I had a great way to cheat with the Kini (or whatever it was called!)

villaajax, I remember when you used to do all the lego stuff on the OS :) you're a legend mate, keep it up :)

:D Thank you!

I still have an astroturf pitch , complete in tube, stored under my bed.

Also still have a Subbuteo Rugby set but seem to have lost my Subbuteo Cricket set.

Never owned a Subbuteo Fishing game though

Was the cricket one called 'World cup cricket' and had a pull string to make the bat move? I still have it :)

Problem is, all you had to do was surround fielders around the outside and you would win easily.

Just noticed somebody has posted 'Monsters in my pocket' :)

Anybody remember Pogs? I still have mine somewhere! I had a great way to cheat with the Kini (or whatever it was called!)

I think you're thinking of Mike Atherton's World Cup Cricket, I can still remember the advert with the talking Cricket ball.

Don't you bowl the ball by releasing it down a little slide towards the batsman, then you let go of his string and he swings for it?

- And I still have a small bag of pogs, including a Gavin Peacock pog!

Some of the pictures in this topic bring back some proper good memories. I've still got all my subbuteo stuff in the attic. Got loads of it plus all the extra stuff you buy like the stand, scoreboard, fa cup, premier league trophy and all that. Did anyone else have the orange tango football aswell lol? The wrestling figures aswell, I've got hundreds of them boxed away in the attic. Also had those claret Villa curtains. Oh the memories :-)

I think this Holte End project will be a long expensive one, but this is what I have so far

stand1.jpg

How the terrace pieces originally looked on eBay

IMG_1100.jpg

After a lot of soaking and scrapping

IMG_1101.jpg

Some of the glue or paint has made the plastic bubble so I'll need to sand it and fill in the holes

I think I may need about 9 stand pieces, cut the first halff off of 3 of them and attach them to the front of three others to make 3 extra long stand pieces, then use the remaining 3 as the upper tier.

IMG_1104.jpg

Been working on teams as well, I'll finish my 1981 league winning side, then do the 82 European cup winning side as well as Holland 1974, Australia 1974. I'll have enough unpainted figures for another two teams, I was thinking of making the Washington Diplomats :P

*fixed*

Proud of you!!!

*sigh*

Mjmooney, I quite literally started to type about 4 other sentences before realising all were potentially dangerous.

Did your hands cramp up? Good job so far!!!!!

As we are on VT I'll have to answer that in a long-winded statement to cover myself...

Yes, my hand is feeling cramped from repeated scrapping off of paint from those Subbuteo terraces and nothing more.

:P

Â