Subbuteo

villaajax

It's worth a fair bit of money now as well if it's in decent condition (which rules my collection out).
Ironically, by lovingly repainting my team to a much higher standard than the stock finish, I probably lowered its value!

IMG_1070.jpg

Who needs friends when you have Doink with real feel hair?

This image brings back sooooo many memories! Thats the ring and a lot of the wrestlers I had, great days!

My favourite past time though was doing my own commentry to the fights, or playing Fifa, turning crowd noise up and commentry off and doing my own match day commentry. What made it extra sad is I used to play 90 minute matches!! I remember a cracking England 34 - 0 Egypt game

The first set I got (which I still have) is an Italia 90 set with England and Italy, it also came with the score board with a hundreds of different teams and competition names.

An update on the Holte End, I bought two terrace pieces which arrived today, they aren't in great condition but they were 'to be restored'. When its done I'll have to buy some packs of subbuteo spectators.

subbuteo-007.jpg

"I was stood on the half way line and the ball came to me so I hit it and it flew right in the top corner and we won the cup!"

Chris Nicholl's story of how Villa won the cup that year differs slightly to what actually happened doesn't it?

"I was stood on the half way line and the ball came to me so I hit it and it flew right in the top corner and we won the cup!"

Chris Nicholl's story of how Villa won the cup that year differs slightly to what actually happened doesn't it?

Yep. For one, he was stood in our own penalty area when he took the shot not the half way line.

Me and my brother used to play a similar game with those Corinthians football models, good times.

I've got the whole Corinthians 95/96 Villa box set, plus Brian Little in a blister pack. Happy days. Subbuteo-wise (although I was always more of a Pro-Action Football player), I've only got the 93-95 Villa squad (with the asics strip and ethnically diverse squad).

villajax, your toy collection is **** insane. I would demand you upload more pictures of your home, but that would be creepy. :)

Me and my brother used to play a similar game with those Corinthians football models, good times.

I've got the whole Corinthians 95/96 Villa box set, plus Brian Little in a blister pack. Happy days. Subbuteo-wise (although I was always more of a Pro-Action Football player), I've only got the 93-95 Villa squad (with the asics strip and ethnically diverse squad).

villajax, your toy collection is **** insane. I would demand you upload more pictures of your home, but that would be creepy. :)

Haha, well its only my bedroom, if it wasn't sucha dump at the moment I would take some pictures, I'll give it a tidy and I'll take some :P

Me and my brother used to swap the subbuteo players for those things with the massive heads (I used to call them 'bigheads') and use the green bases to flick the ball around a subbuteo pitch using the heads as an anchor rathe than flicking the players around and hurting your fingers :P as we found subbuteo players a bit crap.

Bigheads:

4536549899.jpg4536549897.jpg

Sorry mate, that Dennis Mortimer is a "lightweight".

Everyone should be playing subbuteo with either classic or early heavyweights.......

And polish the bases with Mr Sheen.

Took my set up to poly back in the late 80's and my original green baize pitch was the only thing I ironed in 4 years! Religiously, every sunday morning. And for the first couple of days after ironing, the pitch was so fast, it was almost unplayable. By the saturday, it was so slow it was like playing in mid winter.

The thing about subbuteo, is if you play a lot, and I do mean a lot, then eventually, it stops being that really slow difficult game that it seems. Get past the learning curve, and eventually you can make those little fella's do almost anything, from really short 180 degree changes of direction round a player whilst touching the ball, all sorts. I even pioneered a long ball style of game, humping it up the pitch quickly in one or two flicks, and scoring, before an opponent who had lost posession could get back to goal.

Subbuteo at adecent level becomes really manic, running around the board, and I frequently broke sweat on a 15m each half game.

I have about half a stadium, about 30 teams, a mounted pitch and lots of variously broken bits and pieces in my dads garage waiting for suitable recipients!

Here you go Gareth, some more pictures of my stuff...

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

Stuff from the top shelf missing in the last picture

IMG_1076.jpg

More Lego

IMG_1077.jpg

More random figures, and a pot of astro turf taken from Ajax's training ground.

IMG_1078.jpg

The bulk of my wrestling figure collection

IMG_1079.jpg

Top shelf stuff missing from last picture

IMG_1082.jpg

More figures

IMG_1083.jpg

Most of my football shirts, I thought might be of interest

IMG_1085.jpg

Figures and books

IMG_1086.jpg

Turtles and stuff.

IMG_1092.jpg

Some classic shirts there!

IMG_1093.jpg

Subbuteo

IMG_1094.jpg

Contents of my Super Nintendo box, the pictures haven't uploaded...

IMG_1097.jpg

A whole stack of wrestling magazines and videos from my childhood

IMG_1090.jpg

And my 15 year old Villa curtains!

Â