Subbuteo

villaajax

Anyone remember Subbuteo? to take my mind off my long boring unfulfilling job, I've found out my old Subbuteo stuff and have decided to make some custom teams, so I'll be starting with Villa 1980-81

IMG_1069.jpg

I'm planning to recreate the Holte End from subbuteo stadium parts :oops:

I still have loads of it at my parents but it's in terrible condition (very played with).

I was a very lame child, I did a league all by myself. Used to play every fixture and write down all the scores and stats.

I found one of my books a couple of years ago and I used to make up transfer rumours and news reports. My favourite was...

"Tottenham have been fined 20,000 pound after fans threw missiles at the Arsenal team bus following their derby clash".

I'm pretty sure Arsenal wouldn't need the team bus for Tottenham!

As it's been previously mentioned, WWF Hasbro figures were another I'd spend hours on my lonesome playing with. I did my own supershows in my Hulk Hogan tent in my back garden. I still have all of them too.

I did have friends honest!

I still have loads of it at my parents but it's in terrible condition (very played with).

I was a very lame child, I did a league all by myself. Used to play every fixture and write down all the scores and stats.

I found one of my books a couple of years ago and I used to make up transfer rumours and news reports. My favourite was...

"Tottenham have been fined 20,000 pound after fans threw missiles at the Arsenal team bus following their derby clash".

I'm pretty sure Arsenal wouldn't need the team bus for Tottenham!

As it's been previously mentioned, WWF Hasbro figures were another I'd spend hours on my lonesome playing with. I did my own supershows in my Hulk Hogan tent in my back garden. I still have all of them too.

I did have friends honest!

IMG_1070.jpg

Who needs friends when you have Doink with real feel hair?

The reason my French side is Montpellier is because they were my favourite Subbuteo team that I had. Lovely kit. I didn't ever play it properly though, used to use the little 'Monsters in my Pocket' figures (below!) as players too :lol:

monster01.jpg

Fuckn awesome, do eeeeet

Anyone remember Subbuteo? to take my mind off my long boring unfulfilling job, I've found out my old Subbuteo stuff and have decided to make some custom teams, so I'll be starting with Villa 1980-81

IMG_1069.jpg

OK, I have GOT to get the camera out and hope it can do a decent macro shot. Because I still have my - although I say it myself - **** awesome 81-82 Subbuteo Villa team. Hand painted, back in the day.

Accidently broke the goals a few times by standing on them, so dad made some out of metal at work, trouble was if you shot and hit the post it went miles. Suppose if you scale up it would be like Ash hitting a screamer and the ball rebounding to New St.

Mind you we took it serious we even played Anthems before internationals. Fleetwood macs Albatross was the German Anthem because it was an instrumental

I bought a full set complete with pitch, crowd, various cups, the queen to present the cup, scoreboard plus names of every team in the english leagues loads of teams, pitch, goals etc etc for...wait for it....£3.50 from Oxfam.

best thing I ever bought. I don't think I ever really knew how to play it but it didn't stop me spending hours playing it. I was a bit obsessive about the pitch though. I hated when it was creased, i had to keep re-ironing it.

Â