Pubs

ChrisNichollsToe

Head to the top of the town i would guess mate, Im taking it the main strip down the front will all be closed as its still out of season.

Im told the fair is closed to if any of you thrill seekers was lookin forward to that!..

Edit... Just found this http://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/openingtimes.php?typeID=2&day=12&month=2&year=2011&222 looks like this weekend is opening day of the fair if the ladies want to ride the big one!.. :winkold:

On saturday, I am going to head here to start off. Think a lot of the pubs near the front as mentioned above will be shut. If getting the train from Preston catch the train to Blackpool North rather than Blackpool South (Blackpool South is nearer the ground). Plan for me will be to start by Blackpool North and work my way down. If I do stay over after (still not decided) may pop into the Reflex.

use short links

All bars will be open, they all are at weekends in the winter. It's Valentines weekend aswell so it's a busy'ish weekend for Blackpool. I haven't got a ticket so i'll head for the Castle (Behind Coral Island), has 2/3 games on at 3.00. Hope this helps lads, i go to Blackpool alot.

Some strange comments in here. Blackpool bars in the centre don't shut for the season.

Friday I would go to Poulton, St Annes or Lytham as they all have a few pubs and are far nicer than Blackpool.

There are three main streets for drinking in town - Topping Street, Talbot Road and Queen St. Dixon road has a few that are more discerning in their customer ;-) Including the best late club in town - The Flamingo.

Walkabout (dive) is in Queen Street as are a few other bars, cctv and a regular police presence.

Yates / Wetherspoons (new and not too bad) are now both accessible from the prom and only 100yds apart.

Che Bar (v popular) is on Talbot Square itself and is fine if you like wooden sticky floors.

If you want to try a quieter more brown beer focussed time then either of the towns I mentioned earlier are good for the Friday or there are some half decent pubs around South Shore but the emphasis will be on quiet even on a Friday.

None of them are designated anything AFAIK, they are all a good walk to the ground tho. The Mitre and the PnT being closer.

Scruffy's is the same everywhere a generic 'Irish Themed' pub... oh it used to be good in the 90s

None of them are designated anything AFAIK, they are all a good walk to the ground tho. The Mitre and the PnT being closer.

Scruffy's is the same everywhere a generic 'Irish Themed' pub... oh it used to be good in the 90s

Nothing like the Scruffy's in brum then, there's more goths than guinesses in there!

I checked out the away ground guide. Apparently a pub opposite the away entrence, welcomes away fans. Can see it being rammed from about 10am though.

Oh, and that temporary stand will be bouncing. Saturday needs to hurry the **** up.

Nothing like the Scruffy's in brum then, there's more goths than guinesses in there!

My 15-year old watering hole... Good old days...

Â