Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

One thing is for certain. Blackpool will not sit back. They will attack us at every opportunity and the way we are defending at the moment they will cause us alot of problems. Holloway will be desperate not to lose this so that he can mention our Charlie Adam bids in his post match interview.

Cuellar is a MUST for this game. Whether it's at right back or centre half I don't care as long as he plays. I wouldn't throw Bradley straight in, it's too risky. Put him on the bench. Drop Petrov for NRC. Ash back on the wing, Downing on the other wing, drop Gabby to the bench and bring Bannan in to play infront of Makoun and NRC. Unfortunately we all know it will be more or less the same players in the same positions as they played against Fulham. Must win game is an understatement but if someone offered me a draw right now I'd gladly take the point as I can see us losing if Houllier doesn't sort his tactics out!

bring Bannan in to play infront of Makoun and NRC.

Seen a fair few calls for Barry to play the ACM role. Not quite sure why as I haven't seen anything in his play (admittedly I have only seen him a few times) to suggest that he can play this role and get in and around Bent, or beyond when necessary, to become the second striker? To me he is a deeper lying CM'er/playmaker, not dissimilar to Makoun in many respects? I would play Bradley in there as I think he will be our new Milner and will score goals playing off Bent.

bring Bannan in to play infront of Makoun and NRC.

Seen a fair few calls for Barry to play the ACM role. Not quite sure why as I haven't seen anything in his play (admittedly I have only seen him a few times) to suggest that he can play this role and get in and around Bent, or beyond when necessary, to become the second striker? To me he is a deeper lying CM'er/playmaker, not dissimilar to Makoun in many respects? I would play Bradley in there as I think he will be our new Milner and will score goals playing off Bent.

Bannan could easily play that role. He's creative and has the ability to provide the killer pass. With two midfielders behind him it would allow him to express himself abit more. I don't get why people are saying put Bradley there when nobody knows how well he is going to play for us yet.

Would like:

------------ Friedel ----------

Walker - Cuellar - Dunne - Clark

Downing - NRC - Makoun - Young

--------- Bent - Heskey --------

think it will be:

----------- Friedel ------------

Walker - Collins - Dunne - Clark

--------- NRC - Makoun -------

Downing -- Young -- Agbonlahor

----------- Bent ---------------

I think the penny will drop with Houllier and he'll put Heskey up front with Bent and Young back on the wing. Don't see him dropping any of the centre backs and bringing Cuellar in though. Some will be tempted to throw in Bradley but I think he'll be eased in.

Team will be

Friedel

Walker Collins Dunne Clark

Downing Petrov Makoun Ash

Heskey Bent

Nice options on the bench with Gabby, Bradley, Cuellar, Delfouneso, Pires, Albrighton

such an important game.

as each game passes that we don't win, the next one becomes even more important.

i can't even contemplate a loss here, a draw would be pretty useful for the league table... we have to go all out for a win. not sure we will get it though.

-----------------Friedel--------------

Walker---Cuellar---Collins---Clark

----------Makoun---Bradley--------

Downing-------Bannan-------Young

------------------Bent---------------

Agree, with the possible exception of Bannan.

He's never actually been that effective in the advanced role.

If we're going to play this team, then it needs to be 433, where Bannan is playing in the centre of the park.

--------------Friedel--------------

Walker--Cuellar--Collins--Clark

--------------Bradley------------

---------Makoun---Downing----

Albrighton----------------Young

--------------Bent---------------

Play with Downing more advanced than Makoun but still having he ability for Makoun to burst forward if Downing has the ball at feet.

I said it other post that on the left Young>Downing>Albrighton and on the right Albrighton>Downing>Young so I'd rather have 2 players playing in their best positions and Downing in a midfield role that is more advanced than the norm but more midfield that Young plays normally.

I don't understand how Arsenal, Liverpool (at times against Chelsea) and Chelsea have midfielders and attackers that are fluid as opposed to sticking to positions like we seem to do. Lets try and get a more fluid style of play as we have the players that can play in a number of positions.

I expect Petrov will still start. Probably be replaced with Bradley after 60 minutes.

I'd like to see Young back on the left aswell. Seeing as Bannan was dropped from the bench for the last game, I'd be very surprised if he was in the starting line up.. I'd like to see him on the bench though. Certainly think he should get the nod ahead of Pires!