Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

This is a big one, win and we can push on because we have a home game against Blackburn in the league game after. Lose, and we will all feel depressed, people will be back on the "Houllier out" bandwagon and calling for whoever has under performed this week to be sold, released etc, a draw would not be catastrophic but underwhelming.

I would go with:

GK Friedel

RB Walker

CB Collins

CB Dunne

LB Clark

RM Albrighton

CM Makoun

CM Bannan

LM A.Young

CF Heskey

CF Bent

Subs: Marshall, Cuellar, Bradley, Petrov, Downing, Agbonlahor, Delfouneso

---------------- Friedel ---------------

Walker ---- Collins - Cuellar ---- Clark

------------ NRC ---- Mak ------------

Ash ----------- Bradley ------ Downing

---------------- Bent -----------------

Subs: Marshall, Dunne, Bannan, Albie, Agbonlahor, the Fonz, Heskey

Friedel

Walker

Collins/Dunne

Cuellar

Clark

Young

Bradley

Makoun

Downing

Gabby

Bent.

From what I've seen on of Blackpool, you can really get behind them, so plenty of pace upfront and down the flanks.

That team looks great. Bet it stays the same though.

CM Makoun

CM Bannan

Very brave CM IMO - technically strong but too lightweight and this would get owned by most Premier League midfields.

Bannan has been our best CM this season, Blackpool are a footballing side so this will suit him, not exactly Stoke if you know what I mean.

-----------------FRIEDEL---------------

WALKER--CARLOS--COLLINS--CLARK

--------MAKOUN------COKER----------

MARC---------DOWNING-------YOUNG

------------------BENT------------------

ReoCoker in to stop Adam playing (stop Blackpool playing)

Marc in for Gabby

Carlos for Dunne, something needs changing back there

Downing centerally, did well against SHA there.

1-3 We cant keep a clean sheet but Blackpool will attack and our pace will KILL them on the counter.

Oh yeah, ON THE PISS MY LORD.

We wont keep a clean sheet - that is a dead cert. Blackpool seem to score goals for fun against pretty much everyone so we'll just have to outscore them - which I think we'll do. They've been on an alarming run of form recently so I think we should be able to beat them.

I've come to expect very little from us under Houllier. Lets just hope we can get three desperately needed points and pull away from an area of the table we should never have been in.

Can't say I'm confident we'll win ( 5 wins in 21 league games under Houllier as seen to that ) but once again I'll be there giving my full backing to the lads. Like a lot of Villa fans next week this will be my first time at Bloomfield Road so will hopefully leave with good memories.

Team selection he needs to drop Dunne bring in Cuellar, either drop Gabby or put him up top alongside Bent, either drop Young or put him on the wing. I'd probably go with Heskey up top with Bent with Ash and Downing on the wings.

Back to massive game territory and one we really need to win. Lose it and we are again on a losing streak, confidence will again be low and we'll right back in the shit. As with many games this season on paper we should win it comfortably.

---------------- Friedel ---------------

Walker ---- Collins - Cuellar ---- Clark

------------ NRC ---- Mak ------------

Ash ----------- Bradley ------ Downing

---------------- Bent -----------------

Subs: Marshall, Dunne, Bannan, Albie, Agbonlahor, the Fonz, Heskey

Yes Please.

Maybe switch Bradley with Makoun more forward.