Sign in to follow this  
wiggyrichard

Cats...

Love them or loathe them?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

I voted for Cute and Cuddly

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

Way to make sure we see your tattoo

;)

I'm assuming those are both boys? I've yet to meet a ginger female kitty.

Haha! I know it sounds weird but that's how I sleep sometimes, if O'Malley wasn't on my other arm I'd be laying there with that crossed too, like Dracula. 

Nah, O'Malley with the (white bits) is male, Cleo (the lighter one) is female. They've both been done though so no chance of kittens! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm assuming those are both boys? I've yet to meet a ginger female kitty

They're unusual, but not unknown. My daughter's ginger cat is female. 

18 hours ago, rjw63 said:

This.

People give cats a bad rep but it's usually people who've never been round cats.

They're **** awesome.

Could not have put it better. They're superb during times like now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

They're unusual, but not unknown. My daughter's ginger cat is female. 

My first cat was a ginger female , lived to the ripe old age of 21 ... Was an awesome cat used to follow me everywhere , when the now Mrs H first came on the scene the cat would always jump up and squeeze in between us as if to try and push her away from me  , they became friends eventually :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

First of all,I apoligise for posting this but it has been stuck in mt head for the past 2 months and hopefully this will help to get rid of it.

Some friends of my daughter have recently retired and they have a cat ( Smokey ) that is 21 years old.They waited for 6 months for their cat to die and when it didnt they decided that they cant wait any longer to go on their tour all around Australia.They spoke to my daughter who said that I am cat mad and would probably look after it for them.Which I agreed to do without  having to think about it one bit.

Now,Smokey is a lovely cat.You can do anything with him and he dosent mind at all.As for eating ,he eats like any other cat except that he absouletely loves vegetables,especially mashed potatoes.He has to take 1 tablet every day and the wife made up a bowl of mashed potatoes just for Smokey and every evening we just put a big spoonfull of mashed potatoes on top of his regular food,with his tablet on top and he would eat his tablet then his mashed potatoes.

Now for the hard bit.Read on at your owne risk.

One night about 2 months ago.It was 11pm and the wife was asleep,I was having a game of Civilization on my PC and Smokey was asleep in the family room.I heard a really terrible sound.It sounded like Smokey was terrified of something.If a cat can scream out in terror, this is what it would sound like.I ran in to the family room and Smokey was lying there on the floor ( half in and half out of his bed )I sat on the floor beside him and patted him and said "Its allright daddys here" It only took a few seconds for me to realise that he was not going to make it to the morning,so I woke the wife and told her that if she wants to say goodbye to Smokey she has to come now because he wont be here in the morning.The wife got up streight away,she patted Smokey also and said that we were here for him.She then went and made a cup of tea and we both sat on the floor with Smokey .We patted him and rubbed under his chin and talked to him and tried to comfort him as much as we could till he passed away at 1:20am

I dont think I will ever forget the sound of the scream that Smokey made that night.The wife was asleep and didnt hear it and I am not going to tell her.I worked out that what it was is that Smokey was paralised from the neck down and I think he woke up and tried to turn over or get his food or something and when he realised he could not move,thats when he cried out in terror, not understanding what was the matter with him.It must have been really terrifying for him,not bieng able to move and not understanding why.

Well, hopefully by writing this post I have got it out of my system,I hope so.  

I apoligise again for posting this,not the sort of thing people really want to read about.Sorry.

Really sad to read that and I offer no words of consolation. Going to give my cat a snuggle now. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

First of all,I apoligise for posting this but it has been stuck in mt head for the past 2 months and hopefully this will help to get rid of it.

Some friends of my daughter have recently retired and they have a cat ( Smokey ) that is 21 years old.They waited for 6 months for their cat to die and when it didnt they decided that they cant wait any longer to go on their tour all around Australia.They spoke to my daughter who said that I am cat mad and would probably look after it for them.Which I agreed to do without  having to think about it one bit.

Now,Smokey is a lovely cat.You can do anything with him and he dosent mind at all.As for eating ,he eats like any other cat except that he absouletely loves vegetables,especially mashed potatoes.He has to take 1 tablet every day and the wife made up a bowl of mashed potatoes just for Smokey and every evening we just put a big spoonfull of mashed potatoes on top of his regular food,with his tablet on top and he would eat his tablet then his mashed potatoes.

Now for the hard bit.Read on at your owne risk.

One night about 2 months ago.It was 11pm and the wife was asleep,I was having a game of Civilization on my PC and Smokey was asleep in the family room.I heard a really terrible sound.It sounded like Smokey was terrified of something.If a cat can scream out in terror, this is what it would sound like.I ran in to the family room and Smokey was lying there on the floor ( half in and half out of his bed )I sat on the floor beside him and patted him and said "Its allright daddys here" It only took a few seconds for me to realise that he was not going to make it to the morning,so I woke the wife and told her that if she wants to say goodbye to Smokey she has to come now because he wont be here in the morning.The wife got up streight away,she patted Smokey also and said that we were here for him.She then went and made a cup of tea and we both sat on the floor with Smokey .We patted him and rubbed under his chin and talked to him and tried to comfort him as much as we could till he passed away at 1:20am

I dont think I will ever forget the sound of the scream that Smokey made that night.The wife was asleep and didnt hear it and I am not going to tell her.I worked out that what it was is that Smokey was paralised from the neck down and I think he woke up and tried to turn over or get his food or something and when he realised he could not move,thats when he cried out in terror, not understanding what was the matter with him.It must have been really terrifying for him,not bieng able to move and not understanding why.

Well, hopefully by writing this post I have got it out of my system,I hope so.  

I apoligise again for posting this,not the sort of thing people really want to read about.Sorry.

I’m not really a cat guy, but man that just got me and I’ve had to go and give the dog a cuddle.

Hope you’re ok mate. 

Heartbreaking 😪

• Like 1

@PussEKatt that’s really heartbreaking, but can I just say well done to you and your wife for taking him in and looking after him so well. I’m sure he would have appreciated you being there for him in his last moments. 

I’m a fan of all animals, especially cats. I’ve got three now that are aged between 9 and 10. The oldest cat I’ve ever had lived to 19, which is old, so Smokey did well to reach 21. 

I’m dreading the day that I lose the three I’ve got now. Especially the male, I’ve never bonded with a cat quite like this one. He’s like my little sidekick, he follows me everywhere and cries all the time when I have to work away. It’s gonna be a tough one to take for sure. 

• Like 3

We only had Smokey for 8 months but in that short time he left his paw prints on our hearts.I am sure that all 3 of your cats will do the same specially the male.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this  

Â