Sign in to follow this  
wiggyrichard

Cats...

Love them or loathe them?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

Up to 5 mice now....hopefully that’s the garage emptied 

when i took the last mouse to the field I heard a little mousey squeak from the bushes ...was more touching than Ant and Dec on Sat night when they reunited the woman with her sister 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Up to 5 mice now....hopefully that’s the garage emptied 

when i took the last mouse to the field I heard a little mousey squeak from the bushes ...was more touching than Ant and Dec on Sat night when they reunited the woman with her sister 

I cleaned out the outbuilding our cats live in last weekend, there were 20 dead mice and shrews, and three dead birds.  That's the only thing I don't like about cats, the murdering little bastards.

50 minutes ago, Risso said:

I cleaned out the outbuilding our cats live in last weekend, there were 20 dead mice and shrews, and three dead birds.  That's the only thing I don't like about cats, the murdering little bastards.

Yeah got my first close encounter with a shrew the other month , had a few dead pigeons in our living room , strangely the mice and shrews never get killed 

garage is getting the proper clean treatment tomorrow , hopefully after the Villa game but if things go badly it will be during it !!... kinda dreading what I might find 

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Isn't it interesting how if you open a door wide to a cat, they won't necessarily express an eagerness to cross the threshold, but it you open the door incrementally, they go crazy with the anticipation of getting through.

You know when they're meowing like crazy to either be let out or in and then when you open the door they can sit there for a few minutes before they actually walk through the door?

It always used to annoy and confuse me, but I heard or read an explanation as to why they do that and it made perfect sense.

I've forgotten what it was though...so this post is pointless.

29 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

You know when they're meowing like crazy to either be let out or in and then when you open the door they can sit there for a few minutes before they actually walk through the door?

It always used to annoy and confuse me, but I heard or read an explanation as to why they do that and it made perfect sense.

I've forgotten what it was though...so this post is pointless.

3,962 other posts also say Hi  :)

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

3,962 other posts also say Hi  :)

I thought that was a random number then, suggesting that most of the posts on VT are pointless. Then I realised.

Ouch, my feelings. 😢

• Haha 1

Our cat caught a mouse once.He sat there on the grass just outside the back door with his paw on the mous`es tail and he saw me looking at him.I called the wife to have a look and as soon as the cat saw that the both of us had seen him he lifted the paw that was on the mous`es tail and cleaned it ( like all cats do ) and the mouse ran away.

I think he was just proud that he had caught a mouse and wanted to show us ?!

11 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Our cat caught a mouse once.He sat there on the grass just outside the back door with his paw on the mous`es tail and he saw me looking at him.I called the wife to have a look and as soon as the cat saw that the both of us had seen him he lifted the paw that was on the mous`es tail and cleaned it ( like all cats do ) and the mouse ran away.

I think he was just proud that he had caught a mouse and wanted to show us ?!

He was actually saying "See this?  That's right.  I am always in control.  Ever stop feeding me and I will end you".

• Haha 1

On 11/06/2018 at 11:34, Rugeley Villa said:

Here's my two. 

IMG_2718.jpg

Cool and sexy

23 hours ago, BOF said:

He was actually saying "See this?  That's right.  I am always in control.  Ever stop feeding me and I will end you".

Our cats eat a lot better than a lot of PPL.

Also, make sure you get good insurance, people. 

Petplan have paid out over 5 grand for him so far. I'd be screwed if he wasn't covered. 

• Like 2

My cat chased a rabbit into the house the other night. You could see from the look on her face that she was pretty proud of the catch, but also realised she'd bitten off way more than she could chew and would actually now like a little help from her humans please.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MrDuck said:

My cat chased a rabbit into the house the other night. You could see from the look on her face that she was pretty proud of the catch, but also realised she'd bitten off way more than she could chew and would actually now like a little help from her humans please.

We once stayed in a holiday cottage on a Devon farm that had a youngish siamese cat and an aged border collie. The dog had got too old and arthritic to chase rabbits, so they had a system, whereby the cat caught the rabbits and brought them back for the dog, who would bite them in two, and they'd have half each for their lunch. Brutal, but well organised. 

• Like 2

We have a local cat who has been around for a few years but now suddenly started sauntering into the house. 

Weird how it can ignore us for years then suddenly start doing that. 

More pleasant than a few years ago when we had a dog groomer working next door but one. Wife was cleaning upstairs alone and heard noises downstairs. Came downstairs to be confronted by 2 gigantic Alasatians in the kitchen, could have been unpleasant if they were moody dogs. 

Sign in to follow this