Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

43 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Bach, morphine and tuna seem to be a winning formula. He's now eating dry treats and walked over to me purring, and then he landed a bunt. Great signs, just have to hope for no infections.  

Cats do have the most incredible powers of recovery. 

The Bach thing is interesting. Harry (the cat with the smashed leg) used to love listening to Bach. He was either indifferent to, or positively avoided, any other music - but stick the Brandenburg Concertos on, and he was down there between the speakers, purring away with a beatific expression on his face. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

You wouldn't think a cat would like Bach, it being the sound a dog makes.

You need to get a Handel on these puns. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good cat story:

The other night I was lying in bed and heard the cats jump up on the kitchen work surface (I have good hearing). I’m guessing it was about 1am, and I was racking my brains wondering what they were trying to eat. No food had been left out, everything had been cleaned up from dinner. The place was spotless. I came downstairs the next day and found an opened bag of pork scratchings on the floor with a few wayward pieces around the place :rolleyes: 

Bad cat story: 

Tonight, the more fiendish of my two cats (Edwin, the fat one), brought in a mouse. This isn’t anything out of the ordinary, but tonight instead of chucking it around or growling at me when I tried to get it off him, he just left it on the floor for me to inspect. I poked the mouse with a bit of stick that had also been dragged in, and the poor thing was still alive. I don’t know why it bothered me more than normal, I’m used to dead, alive and inbetween things being brought in, but this mouse just kind of let out a sigh when I poked him, I felt it. Anyway, instead of bashing him with a brick like the rest, I put him in a shoebox on top of a radiator to live out his final minutes in the warm. They like warmth, I’m guessing?

• Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 05:13, mjmooney said:

The Bach thing is interesting. Harry (the cat with the smashed leg) used to love listening to Bach. He was either indifferent to, or positively avoided, any other music - but stick the Brandenburg Concertos on, and he was down there between the speakers, purring away with a beatific expression on his face. 

i had a bach cello playlist on last night and reggie was on his back in front of the speaker with his paws crossed, totally captured

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just found one in the local cat rescue . 14 weeks old and so cute, although all cats are cute. 

Good work, always get rescue animals, as I type this 2 are upstairs sleeping, one dog and a cat called Kramer.

17 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's morally right isn't it. 

yeah and there will always be a rescue cat somewhere that will fit a requirement, seems we required an evil bastard, we came up trumps.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â