Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My wife has been pestering me for another cat, but to no avail. What I'm going to do though is get her a kitten and put it in a fancy box so she can open it for her birthday. Her birthday is two days after Christmas so it will be a nice surprise for her 30th.

Please don't put a cat in a box. 

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The cat has just been drinking my juice out of the glass next to my bed. Weirdo

After licking his arse no doubt. 

The cat, not you ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I love dogs, I've had two in my lifetime. Incredible creatures, of course. But I have to admit, cat behavior is much more interesting to me. It is endlessly fascinating.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 14:57, rjw63 said:

Yeah, it's boom or bust - arse-end and a bit of entrails left, or alive and squealing.

haven't had any at ours for ages, I think Freddie has slaughtered everything in a mile radius of the garden.

Freddie has obviously found a nest, must be due to the warm weather.

Had two live ones and three dead ones in the last 7 days.

Othello keeps bringing back rats and mice and prefers to decapitate or disembowel them on the welcome mat.   We need to switch to rubber ones that will clean more easily.

Gilbert, on the other hand, proudly brought home a strip of plastic the other day...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, knoppy1987 said:

Seen a dead cat on the road during my walk tonight that had been run over. Did not like it at all :(.

Black cat and it had a precautionary reflective collar on as well. Phoned the owner who was distraught. **** miserable.  

Fair play for ringing them :thumb:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Fair play for ringing them :thumb:

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Yep, not an easy thing to do at all.

Cheers fellars - not a great job but one that has to be done, likewise getting the cat out of road. 

On a far brighter note, my cat decided to smash everything made of glass during the night. Tail wagging and the domino effect.  I just have to laugh really :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Oscar was either hit by a car or kicked really hard. He came home and went right under the sofa, panting with his tongue out. Took him to the animal hospital, x-rays showed two broken ribs and a hemorrhaged intestinal wall. Poor guy. He's home now, stitched up but not eating. I just spent $3400. The alternative was having him put down. Couldn't do it. I'm not going to let either cat outside now.

:(

• Sad 4

23 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Oscar was either hit by a car or kicked really hard. He came home and went right under the sofa, panting with his tongue out. Took him to the animal hospital, x-rays showed two broken ribs and a hemorrhaged intestinal wall. Poor guy. He's home now, stitched up but not eating. I just spent $3400. The alternative was having him put down. Couldn't do it. I'm not going to let either cat outside now.

:(

Awww. This is the problem with pets. It can really cost you, big time. My favourite cat got hit by a car, broke his leg in five places. The vet put him back together. I can't remember now what the bill was (this was over 20 years ago), but it sure wasn't cheap. Get well soon, Oscar. 

• Thanks 1

Â