Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

Wow, what a handsome fella. Reggie, my orange half-coon recently jumped on my lap and used it as a springboard to then jump into my arms. Amazingly loving cat, I've never seen anything like it. He still makes time to completely shut me down like any other cat would. But when he's feeling happy, it's almost like he appreciates and understands the value of his own little cat gestures. He's an extremely intelligent little guy. Not so much my grey one, who I think could kill small dogs.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

Here you are! They're sisters. I'd be interested to know if anyone can identify their breed? They're rescue cats. I think they must be lynx point Siamese and something else. One of them is so fluffy that I think they must be part rag doll or Balinese or something.

IMG_4315.JPG

Beauties!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Spoony said:

Here you are! They're sisters. I'd be interested to know if anyone can identify their breed? They're rescue cats. I think they must be lynx point Siamese and something else. One of them is so fluffy that I think they must be part rag doll or Balinese or something.

IMG_4315.JPG

The one on the left with the shaggier hair looks very like my mate's Norwegian Forest cat.  And as they're sisters, that's my guess :)

Stock Norwegian Forest cat pic

norwegian-forest-cat-ap-38tiiu.jpg

They are notoriously, how shall we say, more intolerant and short-tempered independent and solitary than your average cat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

The one on the left with the shaggier hair looks very like my mate's Norwegian Forest cat.  And as they're sisters, that's my guess :)

They are notoriously, how shall we say, more intolerant and short-tempered independent and solitary than your average cat.

She would meet that description to an extent. She's generally friendly but she can be such a little bitch to her sis when she wants.

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

She would meet that description to an extent. She's generally friendly but she can be such a little bitch to her sis when she wants.

Yeah they're friendly very much on their own terms (moreso than a normal cat).  And like a switch being flicked you can go away now or lose a finger :)   That's the independence.

• 3 weeks later...

Chilling with the cat on the bed and I was watching him watch a fly that kept flying about. Kept thinking when is he going to make his move because his tail was going. The moment it came on the bed, he launched at it and swallowed the bugger. Said to myself there's no flies on him. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Chilling with the cat on the bed and I was watching him watch a fly that kept flying about. Kept thinking when is he going to make his move because his tail was going. The moment it came on the bed, he launched at it and swallowed the bugger. Said to myself there's no flies on him. 

Just to clarify, by "a fly" do you mean your finger, fresh from arse-scratching, which you were moving around like a fly to catch your cat's attention?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I was expecting you to say he bit its head off and left it in the kitchen.  That would have been impressive.

The predatory instinct is strong, but when they're well fed they're not sure what to do with their quarry once they've got it.   All the fun is in the hunt, so it becomes a toy to let go and recapture.  Like fishermen who practice catch and release.  Though one of our cats did decapitate a rat he caught and appeared to have eaten half the body.  He hadn't been particularly thrilled with the food being served that day, the ingrate.

8 hours ago, il_serpente said:

The predatory instinct is strong, but when they're well fed they're not sure what to do with their quarry once they've got it.   All the fun is in the hunt, so it becomes a toy to let go and recapture.  Like fishermen who practice catch and release.  Though one of our cats did decapitate a rat he caught and appeared to have eaten half the body.  He hadn't been particularly thrilled with the food being served that day, the ingrate.

Yeah, it's boom or bust - arse-end and a bit of entrails left, or alive and squealing.

haven't had any at ours for ages, I think Freddie has slaughtered everything in a mile radius of the garden.

• Like 2

My wife has been pestering me for another cat, but to no avail. What I'm going to do though is get her a kitten and put it in a fancy box so she can open it for her birthday. Her birthday is two days after Christmas so it will be a nice surprise for her 30th.

• Like 1

Â