Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

I love cats. Wiggy and Bromsgrove AVFC - your comments about your cats have quite upset me! I still haven't got over reading about that absolute bitch who threw a defenceless and cute little kitten out of the flat window in Stechford - but that's another subject I guess.

Cats over dogs every time for me

It's surprising what you can train cats to do. We've had two now that would play at retrieving things - OK, not a big stick in the park, like a dog, but a small ball of rolled up silver paper. And one of the ones that did that even invented her own game - door tennis. In our rather old house there are quite big gaps under the doors, and Sophie would go on one side and flick a silver paper ball underneath it - the human player on the other side simply flicked it back - varying the angle, naturally. We got some rallies of ten or twelve shots going after a while.

When we got the two kittens, I taught them to play it, so we could simply sit back and watch. Sadly, now that Ella's gone, Louis doesn't want to play it any more. :(

Cats are incredibly clever.

My 2 cats have worked out that, by lifting and dropping a corner of the rug downstairs, it makes a massive amount of noise. Which in turn leads to me letting them out.

Surely you should just ignore it. Letting them out when they do it will just mean they keep doing it!

My 2 cats have worked out that, by lifting and dropping a corner of the rug downstairs, it makes a massive amount of noise. Which in turn leads to me letting them out.

Surely you should just ignore it. Letting them out when they do it will just mean they keep doing it!

Could do, but its quite usefull.

Having french doors at the back of my house, I have no room for a cat flap, so its quite handy knowing when they want to go out. Better than them pissing over the floor anyway!

Got 2 dogs and would never want a cat. Just seem like pointless pets, they eat and drink then **** off and you dont see them for the rest of the day.
Ours have never been like that. Have you ever actually owned one?

You really need to have a Cat in order to 'get them'.

A lot of Cats arent particularly friendly to anyone except their owners, it's certainly the case with one myn. This gives the impression of them being very stuck up to people visiting the house, when infact they're just a bit shy methinks.

Got 2 dogs and would never want a cat. Just seem like pointless pets, they eat and drink then **** off and you dont see them for the rest of the day.

Never a truer word spoken!

Thats all our cats do, they come in, look around for some food, eat whats there then **** off round next door!

Could do, but its quite usefull.

Having french doors at the back of my house, I have no room for a cat flap, so its quite handy knowing when they want to go out. Better than them pissing over the floor anyway!

O yeh, fair enough. For some reason I assumed you meant you were annoyed by it! I can see that being useful.

Looking forward to getting my cat. Will never be as good as a dog (sorry cat lovers) but it's the next best thing.

A lot of Cats arent particularly friendly to anyone except their owners, it's certainly the case with one myn. This gives the impression of them being very stuck up to people visiting the house, when infact they're just a bit shy methinks.

Even that varies, though. Most cats seem to like me (probably because I like them). Went round to a mates to watch some footie a few weeks ago, and he said his cats were shy and standoffish and would probably ignore me - they both jumped up on my lap almost immediately.

Even that varies, though. Most cats seem to like me (probably because I like them). Went round to a mates to watch some footie a few weeks ago, and he said his cats were shy and standoffish and would probably ignore me - they both jumped up on my lap almost immediately.

Ha - know exactly where you're coming from.

Once you're accepted into the cat community, there's no stopping them!

Ours have never been like that. Have you ever actually owned one?

I have, admittedly when I was quite young, but never really liked it then either. My nans got one, I go round every other weekend and I probably see it once whilst its being fed. It hates being picked up or touched by pretty much anyone, only my aunty and grandad are allowed to touch the thing.

Â