• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Makoun
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Heskey (for Albrighton 59)
    • Agbonlahor (for Petrov 74)
    • Reo-Coker (for Downing 80)

Absolutely agree with the poll. Makoun showed what a class act he is tonight. It is early days, but this guy has natural ability. Very composed on the ball, loves to and is not afraid to play neat calm intricate one touch football. He keeps the play moving, and the fundamental part is; it is always in the right direction. Very clever and shows great awareness of players around him, and even when he hasn't got the ball, he is looking around him to see who is available. That is a sign a great player with a canny football brain. Very good at finding space in the little pocket in the middle. Sorry went on a bit there. But I was very impressed.

At the end of the day, we got beaten by a good title winning side. However, switching off so early we were always on the back foot.

I have to say, the commentators on ESPN done my head in all night. The overly bias mouth drooling commentary really was grating come the end of the match.

I can't for the life of me understand why Petrov was disgruntled at coming off. He has a shocker! I am excited and expect Gerard to start with Bradley on Saturday. It will show Petrov that there is competition for places and that he needs to come to terms with the fact that we have other options besides his 'always looking to go backwards' football.

Benty showed his class again....Roll on Fulham and lets hope we get another 4 points.

As I said in the match thread our side isn't complete yet, Petrov will have no place in this team after the summer, Clark will not be the leftback and Friedel hopefully isn't the keeper.

Although Friedel made some good saves and I voted him MOM he just don't come off his line when other teams play balls over the top like that he has to be faster.

The game just looked lackluster from both sides, I felt bad for Makoun he worked his socks off always looking for the forward pass, gave it to Petrov and the ball went back.

Downing needs to play on the left, teams are becoming wise to him cutting back inside now.

9 for Friedel we would have lost by a lot more than 2 goals if it wasn't for him.

9 for Makoun worked hard and shows he's a great buy.

7 for Ashley, always tries

6 for almost everyone else.

5 for Dunne.

4 for Petrov.

Absolutely agree with the poll. Makoun showed what a class act he is tonight. It is early days, but this guy has natural ability. Very composed on the ball, loves to and is not afraid to play neat calm intricate one touch football. He keeps the play moving, and the fundamental part is; it is always in the right direction. Very clever and shows great awareness of players around him, and even when he hasn't got the ball, he is looking around him to see who is available. That is a sign a great player with a canny football brain. Very good at finding space in the little pocket in the middle. Sorry went on a bit there. But I was very impressed.

At the end of the day, we got beaten by a good title winning side. However, switching off so early we were always on the back foot.

I have to say, the commentators on ESPN done my head in all night. The overly bias mouth drooling commentary really was grating come the end of the match.

I can't for the life of me understand why Petrov was disgruntled at coming off. He has a shocker! I am excited and expect Gerard to start with Bradley on Saturday. It will show Petrov that there is competition for places and that he needs to come to terms with the fact that we have other options besides his 'always looking to go backwards' football.

Benty showed his class again....Roll on Fulham and lets hope we get another 4 points.

Ae the FA giving away a bonus point to teams from Birmingham that play in claret and blue?

Makoun - undoubtedly brilliant, best CM on the park

Just a little note of caution though before we put all our hopes on him: That was a very open game with lots of space to play the ball around in the middle of the park today. United let us play and regrettably, vice versa. Not all premiership teams will allow him that kind of space.

-------------------------Friedel-------------------------

--Walker--------Cuellar----Collins------Warnock----

----------------------Makoun---------------------------

---Young------------Delph---------------Downing-----

-----------------Heskey-------Bent----------------------

Oh and from what I seen I thought Petrov was rubbish, and why where so many of our players slipping and falling??.

Asked myself the same question... looked like half the team were running on ice.

What did Petrov do when he was subbed off?

Acting like a little child.

Yeah, how?

Shook his head, took ages to walk off the pitch.

Didn't see what happened off the pitch, but the Manure fans started cheering.

Makoun was class, very impressed with him. He must have been frustrated with the players around him.

Friedle made several important stops, im not his biggest as i think his distribution is very poor but his shot stopping is top draw.

Bent proved what hes good out, feed him and he will score. We needed to get the ball to him in the box more. Would be interesting to see how much time he was allowed to spend in their box.

Ash was wasteful, looked like he was playing his own game at times, his second touch is chasing his first.

Clarke and Walker and Albrighton were a bit out o their depth today, but im sure they will take some form of lesson out of this game.

Dunne and Collins gave the game away. Two sloppy goals to conceed. I dont care if they made good tackles later in the game too little too late. The first goals was far to easy and the second was just lazy marking, you think Collins would have learnt a thing or two about conceeding in extra time by now.

Petrov shouldnt have had the captains armband, i think Young proved his worth wearing it last time. Shking his head n having a strop when being subbed didnt help either.

Heskey n Gab and Downing not much to say.

Ref didnt do an awful job, he could have gave a few decisions each way, wasnt match changing IMO.

GH - Called the starting XI wrong. Should have went for Young and Downing on the wings and Heskey or Gab up top. Game wasnt cut out for Albrighton (even tho he excelled in the home tie). But he called the subs at the right time. Not sure that would have won us a point either but think that team would have created more chances.

Ultimately the defence has let us down again. We are amongst the bottom three in the league defensively and it showed tonight. With young full backs we need the two senior heads to step up their game and they didnt and havnt for most of the season.

Overall team performance of 6/10

MOM - Makoun

Makoun MOTM. Brilliant performance for someone new to the team, really ran the show. Thought he did well against Wigan but with no real companion in midfield tonight and tougher opposition stepped it up a gear. Friedel did well too, I wonder if he has another year left in him? Given the unbelievably tough tasked we faced tonight thought we generally played pretty well. Keeping possesion at Old Trafford, even without invention, is very difficult to do.

Not too concerned we were beaten, or with the final score. A few weeks ago we would have been hammered. A decent fixture list now and a series of performances that have shown promise - roll on the rest of the season.

Oh and from what I seen I thought Petrov was rubbish, and why where so many of our players slipping and falling??.

Asked myself the same question... looked like half the team were running on ice.

-------------------------Friedel-------------------------

--Walker--------Cuellar----Collins------Warnock----

----------------------Makoun---------------------------

---Young------------Delph---------------Downing-----

-----------------Heskey-------Bent----------------------

And Bradley?

Ae the FA giving away a bonus point to teams from Birmingham that play in claret and blue?

haha. PMSL. As you've probably guessed that was meant to be 3 points! But, if the F.A are willing to had out an extra point...Who am I to argue!

Utd very rarely let opponents back once they go ahead at home so it was all-too easy for them tonight once they had the first minute goal. From there they let us have plenty of possession, but we had very few chances because they are so good at absorbing it and not allowing our attacking players the space they need in final third.

Defensive mistakes for all three goals, really, but with the way the match panned out, they were always going to get chances on the break after the 1st - that was the real big error. Shouldn't be too disheartened though. We've now played 5 of the top 6 twice, which means the worst of the fixtures are done. Arsenal away is the only one that's probably a write-off and that's not till May.

Positive signs from new signings with Bent picking up another goal and Makoun looking impressive in one of the hardest fixtures in the league - aside from a couple of loose passes in first half, he looked very calm and sensible with the ball, quickly moving it out to players in space. Against sides who aren't so good at stifling Albrighton/Young/Downing, this will be a big asset and lead to goals. How often before have we seen breaking opportunities wasted by slow-thinking in CM?

Walker probably needs to improve his understanding a little with team-mates as to when to run/not, but he will also be an asset. His pace made a difference at times in stopping likes of Nani.

Just need to accept this result as not exactly unsurprising - despite our renewed optimism, Utd at home were always going to be very difficult to get anything from - and hopefully bounce straight back against Fulham for a good run-in.

Upset by Petrov's irresponsibility in his reaction. How fragile our confidence must be at the moment, that is not helping at all. Also the impression it gives to our new signings isnt good, not a good example by a man who usually exemplifies professionalism.

re: Petrov. Think his reaction to being subbed may have been annoyance with himself as much as anything, as he needs to perform to keep his place and he clearly did not have a good game. Still has a role to play if he can accept not being 1st choice all the time - see City home game where he was very good.

Still, I imagine we'll see Coker or Bradley alongside Makoun at the weekend.

Glad everyone agrees with me re. Makoun, **** class tonight, great performance and a deserved MOTM. He looks quality, some great close passing and generally looks very assured in CM.

Brad had a great game the day he became our oldest ever player, I counted at least three certain goal preventing saves.

I thought Downing was good tonight, and a great ball in for the goal. Bent did what he does best, money well spent I think there.

Ash was alright but looked a lot better out on the wing in my opinion.

Was nice to see three strikers on at the end, though GH played his subs very well.

Errors from Dunne and Collins for the first two goals but great play from Man U for both too.

I wouldn't be too disheartened, I though it was a good performance and we couldnt really expect too much tonight anyway. Roll on Fulham.

In all honesty, I can't fault Clark/Walker/Albrighton, remember they are 20 20 and 21 respectively - should we be expecting them to rip apart one of the best sides in the world away?

Â