Walker 7

Downing 4

A Young 5

Albrighton 6

Makoun 9

Petrov 5

Bent 7

What we learnt tonight,

Jean II Makoun is quality, look forward to seeing lots more.

Man U can flick a switch when they need to score

What we knew

- Stuart Downing is shite 4 out of 5 games

Ashley Young is shite 4 out of 5 games

James Collins likes to have a sleep during the match

Bent at 18m - bargain

no doubt for me, makoun head shoulders knees and toes knees and toes, above the rest.

why the living fuckshit do we persist with the shitness that is downing on the right and alby on the left?

downing passed 1 pass tonight into the danger area, 1 **** pass, and bent scored.

on the left you would expect downing to put 5 or 6 of those in each and every game

and alby on the right, ou would expect 5 or 6 whipped crossed in per game from him

we had 1 ball in tonight and we scored.

makoun really did not deserve to be playing with the rest of the midfield tonight we were poor.

big brad pulled off a string of fine saves but as i have been saying for the last 12 months, he needs replacing, too slow and heas pressure on the back 4 by never claiming anything.

but he was our 2nd best player tonight.

NRC like him or hate him was the best of the midfielders in the last game

cuellar has been the best defender

both dropped?

hmmmm.

if we have to play 3 in the middle then just like young did in the first 10 of the second half, play that bit deeper to feed the wingers and front man, you are NOT a forward.

i think with downing and alby playing in their proper places, makoun, young and petrov in the middle and d.bent up front we would be solid in away games, at home i would drop downing and put young on the left and gabby up front with d.bent.

i didnt expect us to hammer utd tonight but i did expect us to compete across the park and be hard to break down. we were like a hot knife through a freshly laid turd.

next game we must have cuellar and the wingers on their correct sides, if one isnt working take the **** off dont swap them round as they break up any attacks 95% of the time.

great finish from the bentmeister as well. oh and shely young looked utter **** shit...until he was played in his proper position and please **** PLEASE stay the **** away from all our dead ball situation because i could do better wearing a pair of ill fitting jellies.

Manchester United were on top form tonight, they controlled every area of the pitch and they were litteraly unbeatable. we could have played for another 6 hours and they would have soaked it up.

Makoun looked very handy. Links the play well, reliable, can win a challenge when he needs to. A completely different player to the one I was told we were getting. He had Ireland like vision today too, from a deeper position. I hope he can keep that up.

Friedel was immense. Whch says it all when you concede three.

The defence looked shakey at best, Collins turned into headless chicken mode and Dunne was nowhere to be seen half of the time. That said, it's hard to fault them specificaly for the goals.

Bent scored. Job done.

Ashley Young gave the ball away far too often and cheaply. But even when he's playing that way he's capable of moments of real quality. Albrighton was inventive and confident and Downing was involved in most of our better stuff.

All in all, not a terrible performance. We played some good stuff in the middle of the park and kept the ball well. But United allowed us to play that way and we just had no answer to that wall they put up. They'll win the title at a canter at this rate and I stuggle to see anyone beating them. We were overmatched, roll on Saturday.

Makoun really is the key in us passing the ball around so well. instead of hoofing it all the time our defenders can now just give it to Makoun as he's always there asking for the ball. (not saying they're not lumping the ball forward anymore!) JM's completed passes percentage must be like 95% from what I've seen. Really impressed with him

Friedel 8 - Could have easily been 6-1

Clark 6- Nothing noteworthy

Dunne 5 - Not mobile enough

Collins 5 - Seemed like his head wasn't in the game

Walker 7- Positive going forward, tidy enough at back

Petrov 5- Slow and sloppy

Albrighton 5- Fast and sloppy

Young 6- Off the pace tonight

Downing 7- Bright, positive

Makoun 8- Composed and smart, looks a great signing

Bent 7- Whiffed on a couple of decent chances

Gabby 6- Nothing noteworthy

NRC 6-Same

Heskey 6-Same

I think GH should replace Collins or Dunne with Cuellar next match, also rest Petrov for NRC.

Giggs should have been sent off for trying to break Downing's leg, and who knows, he might have...

If Stu is fit for Fulham, I'd play him and Ashley on the wings, NRC and Makoun in the middle, with Bent and Heskey up front. There's no cohesion to the attack with Ashley drifting around all over the place.

Petrov looked so slow today, I was wishing Bradley was out there instead, I can't wait for him to get in there.

Good to see Everton lost today as well....

I expect a better result against Fulham.

Plenty to be positive about. Came up against a very good side tonight, they played well, we played OK without having the player in the hole to create anything. Young isn't great their, but he's the only choice atm. Overall a decent performance. we were let down badly by Dunne and Collins, who I'm getting totally and utterly **** off with, let's let one of the best CF's in the world have acres of space (do they even care?).

Thought the FB's did OK, thought most of them did OK tbh, they were just up against it tonight. Nice to see us playing some good football, Makoun's already made a big difference to the way we play, looking forward to seeing him alongside Bradley.

Friedel - 9

Clark - 7

Dunne - 5

Collins - 4

Walker - 7

Albrighton - 6

Makoun - 9

Petrov - 6

Downing - 6

Young - 6

Bent - 7

MOTM - Makoun.

Makoun outstanding. Friedel kept us in the game. One can never expect to get even a point from OT. Nevertheless, I am impressed with some of the passing and football that we played tonight. Dunne & Collins where not at their best, but these things happen. With a little more concentration and a bit more luck we might have gotten something from this game. UTV!

Makouns passing was amazing, especially his one touch passing. We need a class midfielder next to him. I hope Bradley is the man
We need Bradley in the center winning headers, plenty of times we lost out in the air IMO.

interestingly for me Makoun pretty much did exactly what he did at Wigan and everyone was underwhelmed by him .

I think most people saw he had quality. He just faded from the match after a while, understandable in his first appearance.

Today he didn't fade, and some of his passing was better. Knows exactly what to do with the ball before it comes to him. Great to see.

Like everyone else says Makoun and Friedel were excellent today. Class player Makoun is, hope we can build a good team and hang on to this lad as he will be great for us.

Some mistakes at the back, Clark isn't a left back (Warnock no better mind you), Walker out of position a few times (should probably have played Cuellar today), Dunne some easy mistakes but also some great stuff, Collins a bit better.

Expected a loss today, but much better than feared, so I choose to look at the positives today. Good passing, movement, Makoun great, Bent scoring etc.

Must win vs Fulham though, and that won't be easy as they have looked very good lately vs Liverpool and Spurs.

Makoun is small in size but HUGE in class. I'm sure not all of his games will be gems but this one was 24 karat gold. Wait until he feels really comfortable with his team mates. He glides and doesn't look to fast but then next thing you know he's there making the play.

Can't wait for Saturday.

Some highlights. Some lowlights.

Friedel (saves), Makoun (overal showing of his quality), Bent (movement with not much service and finish) highlights

Walker (too much in vital areas) Petrov, Downing, Young (poor)

I don't think we played that badly. We were VERY unlucky to be 1-0 within 2 minutes, which is never a good idea anywhere, nevermind OT.

To me, it is just clear that Utd are playing OK football but can still pull out a performance out of nowhere when they want to. Class acts up in Manchester.

Here is to the rest of the season and qualification of Europa League.

Â