• Albrighton
    • Makoun
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Heskey (for Albrighton 59)
    • Agbonlahor (for Petrov 74)
    • Reo-Coker (for Downing 80)

Friedel: 8. Solid as ever, great saves, what we expect from the big man

Walker: 7. The best of the back 4 for me, got done by Berbatov once, did well though, and showed up alot in the united half

Dunne: 5. Another bad day for Richard, thinks he's more suited to the backs to the wall type stuff, but he blew that with his early mistake

Collins: 6. Average, nothing of note.

Clark : 5 Struggled with Nani, not a left back but he tries hard

Petrov: 6 Don't really know wat he did, nothing wrong and nothing right.

Makoun: 9 Superb for me, linked the back 4 with every1 else, good touches, first time passes and always an option, looks a star

Downing 6: Slowed everything down, didnt know whether to cut in or go on the outside, mostly did neither, got the assist which gives him a 6

Young: 6 Quite poor again, came deep to often I though, couldnt affect the play goin forward, did better when moved wide and just about earns a 6.

Marc.. 5 Not the best day for the young lad, showed some flashes of what he can do but was overall very wasteful and looked clueless

Bent. 7. Did what he had to do. Never really got the final ball he needed to feed of.

What a bloody first away game to go to, if ever I had doubts about our support at home well they're gone. I knew we had a great following but jesus, non-stop singing for 90+ minutes. I have a headache, throat is saw as hell, my legs are killing and I'm knackered. Manure fans are even worse than chelsea fans 90+ minutes of silence and their fans got terrored. Great atmosphere...as good as wembley for me.

Though if you're not a pigme you can't sit down as the chairs simply aren't designed for people. Good thing we stood.

On the actual game...I thought for most of it we were the better team and we were on top of them an awful lot, 56% possession infact.

The one thing we never did was get close enough, we never closed them down like they did to us.

Makoun looks like he could be amazing given a few more games and can adapt to the pace, easily my man of the match.

Never the less I'm proud to be a villan and Darren Bents goal is forever embedded in my brain.

Dunne and Collins were crap.

I don't disagree with you that Cuellar should start (as I think he is our best defender) but I do think it is hard to judge our CB's as there is little or no defensive shield in front of them with Petrov there. This means that Rooney/Berbatov had space and time to pick up the ball and run at the CBs and they were exposed.

Maybe crap is a bit hash, but the first goal was a freakin joke. A professional footballer shouldn't be beaten like that. It's tough to decide whether Collins or Dunne is worse and should be dropped. Collins gives his all, 100%, but isn't quite good enough. A step too slow, not fluid, no agility....Dunne is a better CB but has brain farts (see first goal yesterday). Regardless, they ain't gettin it done.

With Dunne and Collins in our side we wont be going anywhere fast they are the weake link.Ball watching,out of position and to slow and to many mistakes and it shows how much goals we have conceded.Rather Carlos by far , this guy gets a game playing out of position or doesnt play ??

I just read The Sun's match report (don't judge me, its the office copy!) and it was interesting to see that they gave Brad Friedel 5/10. Nice to see their standards of journalsm are still shite!

Not too bothered about the result, never expected us to get anything. It was nice to see Makoun play well, he looks really comfortable on the ball and rarely gives it away. We also gave it a go, we had 4 strikers on the pitch at one point! So onwards and upwards, our remaining fixtures bar Arsenal look very winnable.

First chance ive had to get on a computer since getting back from Old Trafford. Great night cheering the boys, shame about the result - a bit miffed about Walker over Cuellar (was he injured?) Our back four was solid vs City and Walker should be in for easier games not Man U. Defence a shambles at beginning..

Makoun fantastic another goal from Bent. Anyone who watched highlights.... Should it have been a penalty? It bloody looked it from where we were.

Highlight of the night? chanting ' Shes got Chlamydia '

Defence a shambles at beginning..

That first minute goal reminded me a lot of the goal that Germany scored against England in the World Cup. In that game it was a goalkeepers long high bouncing kick that Germany put away.

Was it Vidic that passed the long ball up and high to Rooney that caught our defence flat footed? It was such an elementary mistake that created that goal. Kudos to Rooney for striking it, but our defence was shockingly miserable and it put us on the back foot from the get go.

The game was won and lost on that play IMHO.

Rooney was so ready to pounce on that and given that he saw Germany do a similar thing I wondered whether Man U practice that play in training because it went like clockwork.

Dont know how anyone can say defence cost us the game, all their goals were World Class especially the first (which we could do nothing about) which is the most important when playing United

Are you feeling allright?

Pacavelli, I beg to differ. Rooney's first goal could have been avoided if the Centre Backs, Collins and Dunne were positioned and ready to deal with a floated ball lofted forward to Rooney.

If you watch the footage of the play you will see that Dunne was the only player back there apart from Friedel and Dunne almost fell over his own feet trying to react to the pass, I think it was from Vidic who kicked it from inside his own half!!!!!

It was primary school defending IMHO. Yes, Rooney found his mojo and struck well, but the point I was making is that the goal was similar to the one that Germany scored against England where their goalie kicked a long high punt that bounced over the heads of our CB's for Mueller, or was it Osil to tuck away. Both goals worked so well it made me think that Rooney and co had practiced it, especially since Rooney saw that similar thing happen in the game vs Germany

Every school boy playing the game in England is warned to watch out for those first minute trick plays and told not to be caught tying up your laces when the ref blows the starting whistle.

I think that a better prepared defensive plan would have avoided that goal. I don't want to take anything away from Rooney, He played as well as I have seen him in a long while. I just think Dunne could have done better as indeed could Collins who was not anywhere close to being able to help out. Collins was caught flat footed a few times on Tuesday night.

Friedel was caught in no mans land and Rooney put them 1-0 up with 88 minutes plus left to play. The game was won and lost almost before it even started :(

Â