• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Makoun
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Heskey (for Albrighton 59)
    • Agbonlahor (for Petrov 74)
    • Reo-Coker (for Downing 80)

We were beaten by the team that are going to be chamoions, at their place.

Oh well, lots of goods, some bads

Goods were obviously Bent and Makoun

Bads were Petrov and Young (He is NOT a forward and we are wasting our season by putting him there)

ANother bad in a wierd way is Friedal - we are in the Bozzie situation - its gonna take a hell of a lot to replace him. Only good things is, most the other teams in the league are in the same position !.

Defence werent great, but you gotta consider they are up against Giggs, Rooney, Nani and Berbatov - so not gonna be critical

9 points out of 9 and we are well on our way.

Personally, I'd drop Downing or Albrighton, put Ash on wing, and put who-ever he wants up front - but I would have Gabby.

I actually think this could be a good result come Saturday as I think we will try and avenge it

I thought some of the passing was very good tonight, but we lacked a cutting edge. Even when we had 4 strikers on the pitch we weren't exactly going for it. I think there was a general conservatism about our play, often looking for a ball back just to keep posession when in a good position. It was frustrating. Not saying we'd have got a different result had we gone for it more (we may even have got torn apart more) but it's just not an approach I'm keen on.

Makoun was fantastic tonight, at one point he hit an immaculate one touch pass out to albrighton on the wing that I didn't even spot on the big screen I was watching, my friend turned to me and said " he's too good for us ! "

Despite his assist Downing pissed me off tonight. every time he tries to get a shot at goal it's so obvious what he's going to do he never even passes the 1st man. Other than that we were beaten by a better side, simple as that. and it's no shame, fulham next

Alot of positives can be taken from tonight. We actually played some nice football in parts. Absolutely shocking start though, school boy defending, Dunne's positioning was awful. It reminded me abit like one of the Germany goals against England at the World Cup. Makoun was quality. I gave him my man of the match vote. Really good performance from him. Can't believe Clark let Nani bully him off the ball for Utd's second goal. Great ball in from Nani to be fair though. How did nobody close Vidic down quick enough? He took it well but everyone was caught on their heels by the look of it. All three goals could and should have been avoided. Friedel played well. He usually does though. When Ashley Young was out on the wings he was at his most dangerous. He needs to be put back on the wing in my opinion because him playing behind the striker isn't effective enough for me!

makoun, fantastic. thought he showed the difference in class next to petrov who was poor. his passing and one touch play was excellent. really excited to see more of him. home debut saturday bring it on.

have to say albrighton was a let down. ashley youngs crossing was absolutely dire and i thought walker was amateur. but united were on top form today not many sides would ahve been able to beat them tonight so not to sure

I didn't expect us to keep a clean sheet, but the way they were given up was disappointing.

I called it on Makoun long before this one started. Within 3 weeks our top central mid will be Bradley and Makoun. Delph first alternate.

Ashley Young needs to be moved to the wing and taken off free kicks, or else be sold.

I did not expect much from this game and only managed to see the second half on a very dodgy stream. Bit disappointed they managed to get three but the results went our way tonight which was helpful.

Looks like the defence let us down although I did not see the first two goals but I thought Villa played well in the second half, they really took the game to Man U which was nice to see. Very good to see a contribution from the new signings. For me this squad is now work in progress and GH is slowly changing it for the good. I think he did as much as was conceivably possible in the window both in terms of ins and outs.

As ever with Man U they win a game without really impressing but for us that's the end of Man U for this season leaving only Arsenal away and Liverpool at home as recognised difficult fixtures

Just heard houllier's interview on wm http://t.co/RW6rEvt says about players need to leave their egos in the dressing room - the team comes first, when asked about petrov

Especially if your ego is lying to you telling you that you've had a good game when clearly you have not! Denial is one strong emotion isn't it? :winkold:

We played the best team in the league, went down in the first minute and still managed to play with enough positives to not dampen our spirits. I'd say that's a game and attitude to build on.

Thought Makoun looked really good tonight, he's got quick feet and can keep the ball. My problem was with Petrov, don't get me wrong I like Stan, but am I only one who thought he looked really, really slow tonight? He was constantly getting caught in posession. I think he'll find it hard to get into the team next season.

we tried to play them at their own game..... mistake on one hand, but good to see villa move the ball well.

I thought it was a really good game.

we are not ready for them yet, but progress is being made in turning us in to footballing side.

Their play had much conviction, ours was a bit tentative, only natural i suppose as we are in transition.

They catch the eye in their offensive play...... but they are so competent defensively too.

Was at the game tonight and makoun looked a different class. Many utd fans were saying the same outside the ground

Unfortunately petrov and downing were both pretty hopeless.

Played some decent stuff but it was too pedestrian to really trouble utd but overall a decent display imo. Gab to start against fulham please.

Â