Scientific Experiment V3#04-G.Houllier Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this past month?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this past month?

• Yes
    • No

I'm waiting before I vote

It's already February, poll says this past month (January).\

I voted yes as January has undoubtedly been a good month but as to whether he'll keep this up I'm not so sure.

Still to convince me that my concerns are not warranted

In addition I have still been a supporter of MON on this site since he left despite the "MON is the anti christ" comments of some. I still support him against the vitriol directed at him on here and have corrected you on your wrong opinion that I was anti MON several times, which you have yet again ignored.

Look you may have a problem with my opinions, or my right to have them but at least represent them correctly if you want to have a go, and be honest.

He's not the the anti christ he was a very naughty boy! :lol:

Just as it was ridiculous for anyone to vote yes last month,

Strangely 26 people did though.

Been a very good month. Put in the context of his time at the club then overall he has done poorly and I still have big doubts as to whether he is right for us in the medium to long term but a few more months like the past one would help convince me that he is.

Because maybe the people who voted yes last time have more patience than the majority on here???

Just a thought.

Voted yes anyway. again.

Whatever I think will not affect the decision that has been made which is to leave him in place. I d not think we will go down this season now, I think that he will remain in place until at least the summer and maybe beyond. It does not alter my opinion that I think he is wrong for us though.

Well to be honest Richard whatever you think has never and will not ever affect the decision that has been made but thats never stopped you expressing your opinions or even being quite vocal with them.

So I ask again do you still think he should go today or do you now think it is better that he stays on board till the end of the season?

Well I do not think he is the right man for the job, still. So why would I want a person who I do not think is right for the job to remain in place much longer? However, I see that it is not going to happen anytime soon so to be pragmatic expect him to retain his position, it does not alter the fact that I do not , yet, believe he is right for us.

I resognise that you are trying to push me into a corner so that, no doubt, my opinion will be jumped upon and ridiculed at every chosen opportunity though.

Has to be a massive Yes.

I'm really coming round to him, he's seems to have got the players onside (or at least, the ones who WANT to play for Villa) and he appears to be over the whole 'I love Liverpool' thing, he even managed to make a joke about it the other day.

Looking back at when he came, we were in a complete mess and it would have been hard for any manager to come in and start winning games straight away. I dont think he was any fans first choice, but you cant knock him for how he has turned things around later, we are finally showing passion.

Agree with M to Withe about Pool but most Teams are concerned about playing at Old Trafford - in our League position, I will be very happy with a point. Regarding GH - I must vote Yes. He has got rid of dead wood and brought in potentially CL players :D

Whatever I think will not affect the decision that has been made which is to leave him in place. I d not think we will go down this season now, I think that he will remain in place until at least the summer and maybe beyond. It does not alter my opinion that I think he is wrong for us though.

Well to be honest Richard whatever you think has never and will not ever affect the decision that has been made but thats never stopped you expressing your opinions or even being quite vocal with them.

So I ask again do you still think he should go today or do you now think it is better that he stays on board till the end of the season?

Well I do not think he is the right man for the job, still. So why would I want a person who I do not think is right for the job to remain in place much longer? However, I see that it is not going to happen anytime soon so to be pragmatic expect him to retain his position, it does not alter the fact that I do not , yet, believe he is right for us.

I resognise that you are trying to push me into a corner so that, no doubt, my opinion will be jumped upon and ridiculed at every chosen opportunity though.

Not trying to push you into a corner or ridicule you just trying to get a straight answer from question without you taking the politicians approach. I'm interested in your view point on it as you have been one of the most vocally anti houllier and given the current results and transfer window I wondered if you had changed your view point. That is all Richard. Not everything has to have an agenda it can just be as simple as interest.

And from your post it seems that you would prefer him to go today.

Given that I think we'll lose tonight, I didn't like his actions at Anfield, and I haven't got a clue how he'll do in the future.....I've voted no. :bonk:

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this past month?

Liverpool was December, tonights game is February and the future cant be January.

To be fair, I would think the majority of people who would vote no aren't comfortable with taking January as an individual portion of time. I could understand if people who really were against Houllier didn't think it made much sense to ignore everything that has happened in the months prior to January, I'd find it very hard to believe in anyone voted no purely based on January because really he hasn't done much wrong this month.

I voted yes incidently, and I've been behind Houllier from the start because I think he needed time and now that he's had some the results and the way we've been on and off the pitch has definitely improved.

Well to be fair Rich, three sixth place finishes and two wembley appearances did little to convince you of MoN's worth so a few decent results and a couple of good signings are hardly going to achieve it either.........if we're being honest.

Hoenst? there is nothing remotely honest about that idiotic post really.

I was one of MONs biggest supporters on this site as you would know if you actually bothered to read posts and not just assumed they said something you wanted them to say.

In addition I have still been a supporter of MON on this site since he left despite the "MON is the anti christ" comments of some. I still support him against the vitriol directed at him on here and have corrected you on your wrong opinion that I was anti MON several times, which you have yet again ignored.

Look you may have a problem with my opinions, or my right to have them but at least represent them correctly if you want to have a go, and be honest.

This isn't about who was and who wasn't a MoN supporter.

You (not exclusively) didn't appear to be particularly contented when we were doing well, hence I would have been surprised had you been contented now when we're still struggling, despite the recent revival in fortune.

No need to play the victim all the time.

Just as it was ridiculous for anyone to vote yes last month,

Strangely 26 people did though.

Been a very good month. Put in the context of his time at the club then overall he has done poorly and I still have big doubts as to whether he is right for us in the medium to long term but a few more months like the past one would help convince me that he is.

Because maybe the people who voted yes last time have more patience than the majority on here???

Just a thought.

Voted yes anyway. again.

These polls are based on how he performed over a given time period though and whether or not you approve of how he did. December he won 1 lost 4 and disrespected his own supporters. So yes I do find it some what surprising that some people approved of that.

Its like some voting no now based on the fact they think he'll again do shit in the future and not based on how he did in January.

Well to be fair Rich, three sixth place finishes and two wembley appearances did little to convince you of MoN's worth so a few decent results and a couple of good signings are hardly going to achieve it either.........if we're being honest.

Hoenst? there is nothing remotely honest about that idiotic post really.

I was one of MONs biggest supporters on this site as you would know if you actually bothered to read posts and not just assumed they said something you wanted them to say.

This isn't about who was and who wasn't a MoN supporter.

Well actually when you post "Well to be fair Rich, three sixth place finishes and two wembley appearances did little to convince you of MoN's worth " then it is very much about who supported the manager or not.

Not trying to push you into a corner or ridicule you just trying to get a straight answer from question without you taking the politicians approach. I'm interested in your view point on it as you have been one of the most vocally anti houllier and given the current results and transfer window I wondered if you had changed your view point. That is all Richard. Not everything has to have an agenda it can just be as simple as interest.

And from your post it seems that you would prefer him to go today.

No I would not accept that.

I would say that at this stage my opinions are:

I do not rate him as a manager

I do not believe he is the best man for us

I believe he will not take us forward

I do want him to leave the club.

However, being pragmatic , he is going to be here for the rest of the season at least, it does not look like we will get relegatd this season now (but a few weeks ago for me it was odds on), he has bought a few players. SO.... for me as we are not going anywhere this season and it is a write off I would say that the most pragmatic thing would be that in the remaining few months I see whether he can begin to change my mind or at least show , to me, that he can take us to the next level. I still have my very grave reservations but what is the point in wanting him out short term now? Long term I still believe it is in our interests but not as urgent now as it was looking three weeks ago

Â