• Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso
    • Heskey
    • Downing (for Agbonlahor 46)
    • Collins (for Pirès 68)
    • Albrighton (for Delfouneso 72)

Good win today. I'm really pleased with this confidence boosting unbeaten run that we are on. I was abit disappointed that Makoun wasn't involved. This would have been a great chance to get another 45-60 mins of English football under his belt. We still looked fairly comfortable when we went down to ten men. The main thing is we are in the draw for the next round.

He was injured.

I am falling in love with Clark. He needs to get a run of matches at CB. SOOOOOOOOOOO good at bringing the ball out and up the field. Collins and Dunne really struggle with that. It makes such a HUGE difference. Liked how the defenders didn't put the ball into the stands when they didn't need to. Clark for President.

NRC had another solid match.

Great game to be at today, the atmosphere was improved slightly and the lads in claret and blue never really looked phased by Blackburn. What a goal from Pires loool, didn't expect that. Delfouneso, Bannan and Clark stood out for me today. Bannan especially.

Braving the cold weather was more than worth it and I had a little proud moment walking past the away fans hehe. Got a chant going saying 'you're the sh*t of lancashire' a few people chanted with me. They said 'villa is a sh*thole'...there's no place such as 'villa' it's Birmingham.

Anyway the game was great and I love Houliers little prank he plays...'Houlier give us a wave' and everytime he goes to sit back down but turns around and waves last minute...got to love that. Bring on the next round.

Good result today. Can't wait to get back to league action though so I won't have to put up with all those casual fans that only come when the tickets are cheap and they arrive late for kick off, get up early for half time, come back late from half time and leave before the final whistle. It's like a game of musical chairs with all their bloody comings and goings!!

Looked like the replays on ITV were filmed on a mobile phone camera. Waited all day and avoided hearing the result or coming on here for that! Still, I'm pleased with the result, even if I don't know too much about what happened in the game in general. I was actually going to travel down to watch today, but something came up at home that prevented me from making it.

Hopefully we'll get a home draw in the next round and I can make that game instead!

Great with a win with basically the reserves playing. This is how I want the kids to be nursed in. And we save most of our best players for the game against united. The future is lokking brighter by the day. But from the darkness that was this season pre new year, anything would be looking better. But I'm very happy atm.

Unless my memory is failing, this was our first comfortable win since the start of the season. All the others have been nail biting, one-goal-in-it endings (except when we came from behind in the league cup).

More of the same please Gérard

Â