The Arab Spring and "the War on Terror"

legov

AWOL, just read it back and Ive blatantly misunderstood the tone of that. I completely apologise.

For the record I was going to put everything on you and then throw the fight - after checking the gallery to make sure you're not Marcelus Wallace.

• Like 2

It's the easily recognisable flag of Islamic State...

It may be 'easily recognisable' by you but that isn't necessarily universal.

I think you'd have to be living under a rock not to be aware of the islamic state flag tbh , I'm sure there are some people who don't watch the news or pickup a newspaper but there can't be many

not knowing who Thom Yorke is i can understand but not that flag

As for the bloke with a flag I'm surprised nobody had a pop at him but if he is going to be a clearing in the woods he should at least have the decency to leave his child out of it

I think you'd have to be living under a rock not to be aware of the islamic state flag tbh...

I think there's a vast difference between being aware of it (i.e. that they have a flag and that it's black with stuff written in arabic on it) and it being easily recognizable as that flag and no other.

So, no, not living under a rock at all.

my thoughts are that we should of paid for his flight over to syria and see how he would of liked life over there and see how he would of liked his daughter being sexually abused at some point but if he truly believes in isis then im sure it would not bother him. there is no difference here to walking around with a nazi flag or walking around with a banner which says p**** out, all of which are extremely offensive and have no place in this country. shocking but not surprising.

my thoughts are that we should of paid for his flight over to syria and see how he would of liked life over there and see how he would of liked his daughter being sexually abused at some point but if he truly believes in isis then im sure it would not bother him. there is no difference here to walking around with a nazi flag or walking around with a banner which says p**** out, all of which are extremely offensive and have no place in this country. shocking but not surprising.

I agree with most of that apart from the daughter being sexual abused by IS? Is this one of the conditions of living in the Islamic State? Your daughter must be sexually abused at some point in her life?

Also am I surprised this guy wasn't approached. Would I want him arrested? no. The same way I wouldn't want a guy carries a nazi flag or that other banner you mentioned arrested either. Be warned yes, arrested straight away? No.

I would however expect them to be ready for a good scrap. (Which I guess will lead us to all being arrested anyway).

I think you'd have to be living under a rock not to be aware of the islamic state flag tbh...

I think there's a vast difference between being aware of it (i.e. that they have a flag and that it's black with stuff written in arabic on it) and it being easily recognizable as that flag and no other.

So, no, not living under a rock at all.

yeah you are probably right it's not like they've been on the news almost daily for the past year or so 

social services should look into him for his daughters sake.

AWOL, just read it back and Ive blatantly misunderstood the tone of that. I completely apologise.

causing trouble again are you ingram  :)

but then again ive got no room to talk with my history.

I agree with most of that apart from the daughter being sexual abused by IS? Is this one of the conditions of living in the Islamic State? Your daughter must be sexually abused at some point in her life?

Also am I surprised this guy wasn't approached. Would I want him arrested? no. The same way I wouldn't want a guy carries a nazi flag or that other banner you mentioned arrested either. Be warned yes, arrested straight away? No.

I would however expect them to be ready for a good scrap. (Which I guess will lead us to all being arrested anyway).

sexual abuse is rife over there so imo she is at very high risk of being a victim of it, dont you think?

The right to offend is, thankfully, still legal in the UK. For how much longer I do not know.

sexual abuse is rife over there so imo she is at very high risk of being a victim of it, dont you think?

No because I don't know the facts of 'over there'. Only what the media tell me.

yeah you are probably right it's not like they've been on the news almost daily for the past year or so

That presumes that people are glued to TV news broadcasts 'almost daily'.

Some of us pick and choose what we watch (and also get a lot of news from the radio/the written word - and yes, I largely don't bother looking at the pictures).

But do carry on with the living under a rock balls.

i get that doug but there is a line. its the same with the EDL clearings in the woods who are offensive to innocent muslims and cause trouble at rallies, send them on the frontline to fight the real thing.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

No because I don't know the facts of 'over there'. Only what the media tell me.

well with a bit of luck she would be ok then.

i get that doug but there is a line. its the same with the EDL clearings in the woods who are offensive to innocent muslims and cause trouble at rallies, send them on the frontline to fight the real thing.

Who draws the line? Where is the line? Do you really trust the government and an over zealous police force to do it and not completely **** it up? 

You simply mustn't take somebodies liberties away from them just because you don't agree with what it is they have to say, no matter how strongly you disagree. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

That presumes that people are glued to TV news broadcasts 'almost daily'.

Some of us pick and choose what we watch (and also get a lot of news from the radio/the written word - and yes, I largely don't bother looking at the pictures).

But do carry on with the living under a rock balls.

who made it about you ? ( your post referred to necessarily universal.)

we live in a society where news and events are in your face 24 hours be it on phones , the TV , newspapers , Villa Talk and other lesser important parts of the interweb  ... it's almost impossible to escape from it unless you live in the  third world like Sheffield ...

you masquerade as an intelligent bloke :P  , and as anyone who has ever engaged you in an argument on here can attest well versed in current events with an extensive amount of detail   .. so I'm not really buying your argument either that you didn't know that flag ... I bet had it been in the quiz thread and came with bonus points you'd  have got it right :)

Â