Sony Vita topic

Chindie

whats the remote play feature thats mentioned but IMO not that well explained

i know that some games have PS3 features but is it a case of the gf is watching eastenders whilst i sit playing my ps3 through the vita screen? if so im sold

or is it mainly just a case of the other way round where i can plug the vita in to my ps3 and play the games on my tv? because if its that then im not

It will be the first one, play PS3 games on the Vita, but nothing is supported from day 1.

whats the remote play feature thats mentioned but IMO not that well explained

i know that some games have PS3 features but is it a case of the gf is watching eastenders whilst i sit playing my ps3 through the vita screen? if so im sold

or is it mainly just a case of the other way round where i can plug the vita in to my ps3 and play the games on my tv? because if its that then im not

It does indeed work by streaming content from the PS3 to the Vita.

However, it's not, currently, going to be all your dreams desire. It requires updates to the PS3 copy of the game that the publisher would have to work on, and thus far it's only been shown off with simple games, Peggle for instance.

The system has been hacked to open up this feature, with it apparently being able to run things like RDR, but with huge imput lag and I rather suspect utterly killing the battery life.

Basically, don't pin any hopes on it.

In other Vita related news, Fifa is pretty good on it. The rear touch shooting is cool once you get comfortable with it - although it forced me, for instance, to hold the Vita in the awkward manner I've disliked since day one holding it.

Front touch can be used for passing, which means you can get really sweet with through balls if you've nimble enough fingers.

I did what I said I wouldn't do and ended up pre-ordering one of these a few days ago. It got delivered yesterday so I had a little play with it last night.

It really is a nicely made piece of kit and the screen is fantastic. I've only got Virtua Tennis for it at the moment, yet it is really good.

Damn me and my obsession with technology...

After dismissing this, i now want one having had a go on one.

Wheres the best bundles at the mo? Seen one on amazon for £227 where you get the wifi only vita, fifa and an 8gb mem card. Any better bundles out there?

Yep was pleasently surprised.

Nearly 100k sold here compared 250K ish in the states.

Still plenty of people around with cash to spend it seems.

Anyway, I love it, forgot how much fun Everybody's Golf is.

Amazon.co.uk: Vita Wifi, Fifa & 8gb mem card = £230

Gamestation: Vita Wifi, Fifa, 8 gb mem card & £10 psn card = £300

Hence why GAMEgroupTM or whatever the parent group are called are going down the pan. Just ridiculous.

Â