Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I remember first seeing this lad at Walsall in a pre-season friendly about 6-7 seasons ago. 

For the first 45 mins i thought he was Martin Laursen as all i could see was this blonde haired guy winning everything that came into the box. 

It wasn't till we turned round at HT that i completely had no idea who he was. 

Another Garry Cahill waiting to happen! 

PS, We won 3-2

Edited by Kingman

Ideally he signed a new contract with the purpose of being loaned out to a Championship side to get regular football and improve, while at the same time Villa sign a quality CB or a top RB depending on what plans Sherwood has for Richards.

Currently a Sherwood interview on AVTV talking about the new contract, saying he thinks he's a "late developer" and a "prospect" but also should be a little more than that at his age and he's going to help him get there. Mentions that he struggles mentally in terms of being able to get his body through a full season of games and is going to help him realise he can.

Sounds like he will be going on loan after listening to Sherwood on Avtv, says he wants him to play 35 games as the most he has managed so far in a season was 18.  Says we weren't prepared to let him go permanently. 

Chill people. Baker's a warrior. Even his critics accept that. Sean Dyche is a great fit for him imo if Burnley is where he's off to. Come back next year and take Senderos's place in the squad after his contract runs out. after all we might need him, Clark, Gabby and Gardner for the European squad eh? ;) If not then instead of leaving on a free, we'll get upwards of £5m for ya. Don't know what's not to get here whether you think he's good enough or not.

Currently a Sherwood interview on AVTV talking about the new contract, saying he thinks he's a "late developer" and a "prospect" but also should be a little more than that at his age and he's going to help him get there. Mentions that he struggles mentally in terms of being able to get his body through a full season of games and is going to help him realise he can.

This is quality from Sherwood. For me he is the next John Terry.

:trollface:

so he is going to shag a team mates wife and make a little money on the side giving dodgy access to Bodymoor heath to anyone willing to pay for it.  nice

No it's not enough, but the foundations are there to be built on.

Not really, I think you either have ability or you don't.

Lol that's a load of rubbish. Of course he's got ability, he's a professional footballer!!!

Messi has all the ability in the world, would you chuck him in at centre half? I mean you've either got it or you haven't right?!

It's obvious that he has the basic attributes of a centre half. He's big, strong, hard in the tackle, good in the air and fearless.

His positional sense needs some work, he has already improved his decision making and has cut out some of the rash challenges.

Part of the issue is he wants to win every ball and only with experience will that improve. Needs to work on his distribution too, he will never be a ball playing defender, but he can improve in this area.

Tim and his team can work with him and improve him - that's what coaches are for. If he hasn't moved forward in 12-18 months then bin him off for a reasonable fee. No need to chuck him on the scrap heap just yet.

No patience in modern football.

Â