Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

So you don't find it strange earlier today he is on way out then out of nowhere he signs a four year deal? Even our in the knows were go smacked at the uturn

Oh and so was Nixon so don't understand your point

Maybe they got the info wrong. With our current scouting team and 6 weeks left to buy players, why on earth would we panic because we couldn't get lescott? Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

So you don't find it strange earlier today he is on way out then out of nowhere he signs a four year deal? Even our in the knows were go smacked at the uturn

Oh and so was Nixon so don't understand your point

No. I don't believe everything I read.

I thought £2m was a poor offer from Burnley anyway. Had one of the newly promoted teams offered £5m+ for him, I'd be happy to see him go, but £2m would have been a snip for a relatively young, English defender with lots of experience who is starting to show signs of becoming a good defender.

In my opinion, Burnley made an offer, Tim accepted it and asked Baker if he wanted to go, and Baker said he didn't want to. Tim has then been proactive and protected the investment by giving him a longer deal.

I think this is the best for all concerned..... I'm just wondering how this effects our 'over 21' quota. Some of Cissokho/ Richardson/ Etc must be leaving soon.

• Like 2

I like Baker.

I know he's not the best but I think he's been inproving.

And most of his injuries seem to come from throwing his head where most won't put a boot.

I like that he doesn't mind getting hurt for the team and I'm glad he's staying.

That said, I'm not sure he will play much.

In 'defender' years he is still young and has scope / room to improve, worse case we find out this season he has peaked and isn't going to get any better, at least he is under contract now and we should be able to get 2m or so for him next summer or year after.  

He's fine as a squad player to plug gaps and play early round cup games etc, and as others note, he certainly has the right attitude and actually wants to be here, must be showing the right attitude in training too.

Assuming this means Senderos is definitely out now.

Like mentioned above, it's good to have a player that doesn't complain even if he's sitting on bench for longish periods of time, and yet is able to do a job (at least in short stints). This may mean that we won't get more CB's in though, which I'm not 100% comfortable with.

Or maybe he wants to be here and unlike some, want to prove they can make it here and do the best for the club and fans.

He is a League 1, Championship at best player. Ofcourse he would want to stay here its the Premier League. Baker is poor, although he is personally is living the dream. If he wasn't home grown, no one would want him here.

I do have respect for him cause he always tries his best, but any player with his very limited ability would. Im sure he knows he is a lucky boy, an its a shame, but for me there's many a player throughout the lower leagues that could quite easily match his qualities.

Or maybe he wants to be here and unlike some, want to prove they can make it here and do the best for the club and fans.

He is a League 1, Championship at best player. Ofcourse he would want to stay here its the Premier League. Baker is poor, although he is personally is living the dream. If he wasn't home grown, no one would want him here.

I do have respect for him cause he always tries his best, but any player with his very limited ability would. Im sure he knows he is a lucky boy, an its a shame, but for me there's many a player throughout the lower leagues that could quite easily match his qualities.

Absolute nonsense. 

• Like 4

Genuinely dont understand the beef this lad gets!

At times, the collective delusions of grandeur almost rival the Geordies.

Good player, with the heart of a lion. Has steadily improved and no reason to think he won't continue to do so.

Local lad, wants to stay. What's not to like?

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 3

Â