Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Did very well last night, I didnt catch the team news beforehand but I was surprised he was in. However he looked a lot more comfortable than Clark in that position and didnt commit any stupid fouls like Warnock. He'll be a good backup player for us in the coming years.

Its great to see so many good youngsters coming through. We must have the best yout setup in the league!

No no no, Arsenal have! The fact that our reserves annihilated them was a minor blip. And the previous three Southern League titles.

Definitely got the physicality required to play in this division but is very inexperienced. Looks like he can tackle well enough but he's got quite a bit to work on to succeed - don't see any reason why he can't turn into a decent player though.

Another talent it seems. Looked very comfortable on the ball, and showed a lot of awareness off it. Another to watch.

This. I was very impressed with him. Considering he must've been nervous with it being his first Prem game. He took it all in his stride and certainly looks promising for the future.

Well done Nathan... 8)

i thought he did really well, agree with the comments about him controlling his headers seemed comfortable on the ball too

personally i thought nzogbia was pretty quiet, expected alot more to go through him, maybe late in the 2nd half he didnt push him down the line on his right foot enough, but take into consideration it was a 19 year old making his premier league debut vs their best player in the shop window for a £12m move, dont see how anyone could have any complaints about the lad

When I saw him in the starting line-up I thought Wigan would attack him and that N'Zogbia would tear him apart. Well, I was wrong, the lad did well and having in mind he hasn't played at nearly the same level, not even in the championship, he was about as solid as they come on a debut. Good luck to him and hope to see him more often in the team in the future.

So we have a few of the people that thought Makoun was hopeless saying Baker had a good game

Football is all about opinions I guess but Baker looked out of his depth for most of yesterday , he's not a left back thats for sure

don't get me wrong he did Ok but we need to sign a left back urgently as Clark or Baker are not the answer

What's actually going on with Warnock? Ok he isn't in the team but to put a completely rookie in ahead of a seasoned Premier League player, regardless of his form, is very odd.

If we don't sell him this window and bring in a replacement I will be very disappointed because otherwise we have no recognised left-back, only players that 'can do a job there'.

Baker did well yes, but hardly who you want when we're at the Emirates or Old Trafford.

Baker did well yes, but hardly who you want when we're at the Emirates or Old Trafford.

Agree but I wouldn't want Warnock at Emirates or Old Trafford.. I'll play Clark there if we can't get a replacement..

Well yeah I agree, ideally I wouldn't want him either and we need a replacement, but I'd still rather have a more experienced player in the bigger games and if it had to be Warnock so be it.

Agree but I wouldn't want Warnock at Emirates or Old Trafford.. I'll play Clark there if we can't get a replacement..

but I'd still rather have a more experienced player in the bigger games and if it had to be Warnock so be it.

Disagree with this.. why play Warnock there? just because he has more experience? I know experience counts for alot but he has been dire in his current form for a while.. Clark has done much better imo in that position. Ideally we'd get a proper LB in though.

Â