Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I thought the red was harsh myself. Well from what I saw on ITV.

He went in hard on the player and the studs weren't actually showing IMO.

Fair enough. I think he must have flicked his boot up at the end, hard for the ref to call but the club aren't going to appeal which says a bit.

On the flip side, I was that bored to tears by the time we came on I probably wasn't concentrating. Would like to see it again.

No really any argument on the red card I think. Perhaps a touch harsh as it was just a bad tackle and no malice but if that was against one of our players we'd have been in uproar so I think it was the right decision.

He'll learn from it though. No injury to the Blackburn player, and it didn't cost us, so no biggy.

from the 20secs of highlights generously provided by ITV I've got to say Baker knows how to cross a ball!!!

I thought he was more of a CB but if he continues to progress, he could make a decent LB.

I think the red was a right decision too - he was too committed and feet off the floor. At least he'll learn from it and it didn't cost us anything.

Very impressed we managed to see the remaining 30 minutes out with 10 men.

I think in a game when the ref was yet to

Produce any sort of card, abit of common sense wouldn't have gone a miss from the ref, young lad making his home debut, a yellow and a stern world would suffice, the Ref is playing with young careers. I'm sure the lad will get over it though.

True but perhaps a longer, better quality footage.. that was really laughable.

It was lucky there was even footage of the game. A lot of the press (written and tv) did not realise it was an early kickoff.

Maybe the quality was because it was Villas own cameras that they stream to the boxes etc.

Clear red card.

I don't think so Trent. It wasn't two footed, the only reason he was sent off was because it was so fast and probably deemed dangerous by the ref.

If Hoillett hadn't rolled around and the ref hadn't been in view of the Blackburn bench jumping around in anger, I think a yellow card would have been perfectly reasonable.

I can see why a red card was viable, but I don't think that kind of a challenge is a clear red.

Like I said, I think a red was viable but I think a yellow would have been given if it wasn't for the reactions of Blackburn. We've seen much worse challenges go unpunished at VP.

True but perhaps a longer, better quality footage.. that was really laughable.

Unfortunately longer, better quality footage would have meant that ITV wouldn't have been able to fit in as many advert breaks. Not sure whether it was just me - but they did seem to have 3 minutes of adverts for every 10 minutes of football.

Still I do love ITV coverage as it always reminds me how much better BBC and Sky are at covering sport. On the plus side - from what ITV showed we were brilliant. Had three attacks and scored three goals. Baker's cross for the third was awesome - I think the red card was the right call. The angle the players went into the challenge meant that it he would have been really unlucky to hurt anyone - so it was a good lesson for the lad.

Â