Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I think he's had a really good season.

We've kept plenty of clean sheets when he's started and he's generally very comfortable at this level.

Of course he's struggled at prem level but I don't see the issue if we line up in August with Chester and Baker as our CBs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's a very good option at this level, but do think he could be improved on. 

I wish people could refrain from saying this literally EVERY time one of our players are immense.

It's even more annoying when it is a player who is consistently good.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, obanken said:

I came here thinking he would get some more praise for goal. The way he won two headers in their penalty box before the goal was great with the will to win them. And the second one is funny as f as well :) He should be getting the plaudits for the goal imo. 

watching it again I think he jumps for the 2nd header from his knees :lol:

• Like 1

On 23/04/2017 at 23:12, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wish people could refrain from saying this literally EVERY time one of our players are immense.

It's even more annoying when it is a player who is consistently good.

I totally agree with this. We always seem to belittle our players with this constant "good at this level" type of comment. He played very well and has played well all season. OK he struggled in the Prem but so did all of our players (apart from Benteke). He was young and inexperienced and asked to play in a critical position in a failing team. Since then he's been on loan and learnt and developed his trade. Let's celebrate that and wait and see how he performs in the Prem when / if we get there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomsub said:

I totally agree with this. We always seem to belittle our players with this constant "good at this level" type of comment. He played very well and has played well all season. OK he struggled in the Prem but so did all of our players (apart from Benteke). He was young and inexperienced and asked to play in a critical position in a failing team. Since then he's been on loan and learnt and developed his trade. Let's celebrate that and wait and see how he performs in the Prem when / if we get there.

For me he has played well this season when faced with strikers who are big and teams play direct. When he has played against strikers with good movement he has been found wanting, and for that reason I think he will never be good enough for the prem.

On 4/23/2017 at 14:21, Zatman said:

got an assist as well :)

He basically got an assist yesterday as well. 

Absolutely pathetic stuff for their goal. Honestly think we need better next to Chester, it's fairly high up the priority list. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

A horrible mistake yesterday, let's hope it was a one-off.

Pathetic and careless mistake - no excuse for that sort of error - needs a complete bollocking and to be left out on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Pathetic and careless mistake - no excuse for that sort of error - needs a complete bollocking and to be left out on Sunday.

He's played well overall to get off so lightly around here after that one.

Â