Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Just incredible. His best performance in a Villa shirt tonight, won absolutely everything. Blocks, tackles, interceptions, in the air, on the ground. 

Stunning. Loved every second of it.

My motm tonight. Powerful display!

• Like 1

My MOTM by far to be honest. 

He won absolutely everything in the air and on the ground, and dug out his team-mates from errors on more than one occasion. He was also very composed and calm with the ball at his feet, which was good to see since that has been an area he's needed to improve. 

Just an outstanding performance. Worth at least a 9/10. Great effort. 

• Like 1

On 04/04/2017 at 23:28, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Just incredible. His best performance in a Villa shirt tonight, won absolutely everything. Blocks, tackles, interceptions, in the air, on the ground. 

Stunning. Loved every second of it.

Yup - Loved the way after Holloway brought on that big Geezer - Baker just rose to the challenge ...literally !

Player of the season for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hippo said:

Yup - Loved the way after Holloway brought on that big Geezer - Baker just rose to the challenge ...literally !

Player of the season for me.

Not just Baker by name, then? Proving to be blooming useful.

Baker really suits Chester aswell.

Chester prefers an aerially dominated CB beside him so he can take a step back and intercept the second balls Baker doesn't win.

Elphick is nowhere near as good in the air as we saw from the winner Ipswich scored a few weeks back.

Key in the summer is sell Elphick and find a similar player to Baker so he can cover the inevitable injuries. What sort of CB is Bedeau from anyone who's watched him in the reserves/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If Trump succeeds in building this wall I can see Mexico signing Baker to head the **** back.

Trump will bring in Baker and Chester to BE the wall. Nothing getting past them. 

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Baker really suits Chester aswell.

Chester prefers an aerially dominated CB beside him so he can take a step back and intercept the second balls Baker doesn't win.

Elphick is nowhere near as good in the air as we saw from the winner Ipswich scored a few weeks back.

Key in the summer is sell Elphick and find a similar player to Baker so he can cover the inevitable injuries. What sort of CB is Bedeau from anyone who's watched him in the reserves/

I think he's a good back up for Chester 

• 2 weeks later...

Championship standard at best. And probably mid table standard at that. Definitely need to look for a better partner for Chester next season.Theres a reason he was farmed out on loan last season. We will stay in this division for some time if we don't move out the Bacunas Bakers and Huttons etc.

49 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's good to have in the squad but must be replaced from the first team next season. 

I disagree completely.

I think he and Chester are plenty good enough to be our first choice CBs. It's the fullbacks that need addressing.

We DO need a CB though for depth, and if he is good enough to replace Baker then fair enough. But I don't think Baker "must be replaced".

• Like 1

Â