Poll: Toilet roll

mjmooney

Which way should the toilet paper be hung?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which way should the toilet paper be hung?

• Next sheet nearest to the wall
    • Next sheet nearest the sitter

This is a personal bug bear of mine

It has to be nearest the toilet. Nearest the wall is just so wrong wrong wrong

So much so in fact that whenever I go anywhere and the paper is nearest the wall I have to change it

As BOF said OCD is indeed a cruel mistress

Same here. My missus doesn't consistently place it "wrong" - it's just random. I don't even know if she notices that I ALWAYS change it if it's been placed "wall side".

Think I might start an OCD thread.

I can't say I do renounce it no, I just am deeply aware we're debating the structural definition of loo roll.

But I don't renounce it, as the definition of bonding itself doesn't actually suggest any particular type of adherence, or any particular strength of connection between 2 materials beyong them being held together, I'd stand by the fact that 2+ ply loo roll is a laminate as it's individual plies are intended to act together as a sole material and do so, by being (however loosely) connected together by the manufacturing process and the nature of the mateiral itself.

It's not a good laminate, nor would it be the perfect thing to use as a definition of a laminate, but it is one imo.

You are so articulate it's funny.

Same here. My missus doesn't consistently place it "wrong" - it's just random. I don't even know if she notices that I ALWAYS change it if it's been placed "wall side".

Think I might start an OCD thread.

The toilet roll holder that I attached in my apartment is deliberately vertical!

Major league vex for you MJ?

:lol: :winkold: :mrgreen:

EDIT: The question then is surely clockwise or anti-clockwise.

Always clockwise for me. :mrgreen::lol:

• 2 years later...
Â