Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

What I don't get is why are some of the fans happy that we've gotten rid of Makoun and have no issue with Ireland still being in our team?

Ever since the guy has put the Villa shirt on literally everything has gone to shit. His debut was 6-0 against Newcastle and his next game was 2-3 Rapid Vienna. He is a very lazy player who doesn't backtrack leaving plenty of space for the opponents to riot our midfield. Worst of all he must be on double or triple the wages than Makoun and has contributed even less. Ireland also hasn't had a good word to say about the club (did everyone forget the shit he came out with when he went to Newcastle on loan), where as Makoun has left quitely and profesionally. But yet we've got fans on here (like literally) happy that his left over Ireland.

Makes no logical sense.

Not really, I'd rather Ireland left but got to accept, who's going to buy Ireland and pay his wages? only clubs like Spurs pay anything near to what he's on. He'd have to take a pretty big pay cut to join any weaker team.

I think he's appeared in 8 games for us, which is nothing really!

Inc TWO man of the match performances last season. Man Utd away and Fulham at home

That compared to Petrov getting maybe 5 at best in about a **** zillion tired/ineffective ones

only clubs like Spurs pay anything near to what he's on.

I think the reality is that Spurs are not a club who pay ‘massive’ wages. They have a fairly strict wage structure and most of the players are not on silly wages.

I know ...probably wrote it wrong, I mean only clubs like Spurs can afford his wages (although tight, I believe they still pay £60k?) and the point is, a team like Spurs aren't going to buy a player like Ireland. Which means he's very difficult to sell.

I think he's appeared in 8 games for us, which is nothing really!

Inc TWO man of the match performances last season. Man Utd away and Fulham at home

That compared to Petrov getting maybe 5 at best in about a **** zillion tired/ineffective ones

Yeah had some good games, United and his debut against Wigan. However he was poor against Fulham, surely he wasn't man of the match in that game?

Deserved more chances and a full season here. McLiesh not given him a real chance. He played him preseason, and he performed well, but predictably ships him out.

only clubs like Spurs pay anything near to what he's on.

I think the reality is that Spurs are not a club who pay ‘massive’ wages. They have a fairly strict wage structure and most of the players are not on silly wages.

I know ...probably wrote it wrong, I mean only clubs like Spurs can afford his wages (although tight, I believe they still pay £60k?) and the point is, a team like Spurs aren't going to buy a player like Ireland. Which means he's very difficult to sell.

Our wages were a fair bit higher than Spurs before all this cutting, doubt they are now though after going sell crazy. Isn't Modric on £35k, they are quite tight with wages. I mean Man City are reportedly paying more than half of Adebeyor's wages while he is on loan there.

Spurs don't have to pay players as much as we do sadly.

Would you choose 35k a week to work and live in London?

or

40k a week to work and live in Brum?

Unfortunately most players would choose London and subsequently we have to keep upping that wage till Brum becomes the better option.

The only way the club can save face over this latest head scratcher is if they bring in 1 or 2 more players of BETTER quality than Makoun.

If they fail to do that, I'll be close to my wit's end as to what they're doing.

Spurs don't have to pay players as much as we do sadly.

Would you choose 35k a week to work and live in London?

or

40k a week to work and live in Brum?

Unfortunately most players would choose London and subsequently we have to keep upping that wage till Brum becomes the better option.

I'd choose Birmingham, London stresses me out, then again, doubt footballers will be using the tube that often. But yeah guess most footballers would choose London.

McLeish's pecking order of central midfielders looks like

Petrov

Delph

Heskey

Bannan

Ireland

I think we'll see Gary Gardner get a few games as well and we may bring in one more face.

I don't think Makoun would have featured much this season.

Bit of a 'meh' from me.

Didn't look good enough to hold down a place here. However, I am concerned about central midfield despite Makoun not being the answer. We need someone in there desperatly I feel.

Asked about Makoun possibly leaving Villa, McLeish admitted: "It's possible but we wouldn't let anybody go unless somebody came in."

JUST BE **** PATIENT.

So he's going to replace Makoun, Downing and Luke Young before 11pm Wednesday?

Righttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Not Downing of course! I meant Makoun. We SOLD Downing to get some money in and we probably aren't going to spend it. Just ACCEPT that - we DO NOT HAVE THE CASH. You might not like it but move on! The hope is clearly that with Gabby contributing more and adapting to play wide, Nzogbia is the replacement for Downing and Young combined - of course none of us like that, but we are CUTTING DOWN. Why can't people get that?!!!!!

What I am saying is that the Makoun loan deal is being done to get someone else in.

This is a forum, where people EXPRESS THEIR CONCERNS and VENT THEIR FRUSTRATION. Why can't people just get that?!!!!!

Typical Houllier signing. A player with an inappropriate skill set for the job he's expected to do.

It was obvious after the Wigan game alone that he was never a player that would shine in the Premier League apart from the odd game against relatively non-combative midfields (i.e. Man Utd & Fulham), so far off the pace and mindset of the PL that he got booked in every single game he played I think.

Typical Houllier signing. A player with an inappropriate skill set for the job he's expected to do.

It was obvious after the Wigan game alone that he was never a player that would shine in the Premier League apart from the odd game against relatively non-combative midfields (i.e. Man Utd & Fulham), so far off the pace and mindset of the PL that he got booked in every single game he played I think.

So does the man in his place, Delph. 8)

Â