Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

It seems to me that the same people who don't rate Petrov, don't rate Makoun.

Personally, I don't think that they understand how important players like these two are for a team and what they offer.

don't agree at all. If anything those who have nailed themselves to the Petrov mast are ardent Makoun haters! Make of that what you will....

My main issue with Makoun is that every time he goes in for a tackle, he dives in with a scissor kick that is likely to get him sent off...

The worst part is that he looks genuinely confused when the ref blows for a foul after said scissor kick...

He has shown glimpses of being the 'Champions League quality' player we signed, especially, as previously stated, when he receives the ball under pressure.

I think he just needs time and somebody to tell him to 'stay on your feet'...(sorry to quote Rio Ferdinand)

well my view is he's a class player and i dont think theres a better midfielder at the club who reads the game like him.Some people on here say he's too good for villa and doesnt suit the prem with his style?so someone who sees where he's gonna pass the ball before he gets it isnt good enough for us eh!!!!!!!!class player and with the right players around him could be something special.

He needs a good run in the team with the fans and the club offering him support before we cast him into oblivion..He seems an ok guy thats easy to get along with and could become a legend for us over the next 4 years..He has played at top level and to be fair has shown some quality in his passing and movement..Pre-season he was amongst one of the better players and seems to be willing to always get on the ball..

Dont hate the guy just because he was signed by Houllier.. :suspect:

well my view is he's a class player and i dont think theres a better midfielder at the club who reads the game like him.Some people on here say he's too good for villa and doesnt suit the prem with his style?so someone who sees where he's gonna pass the ball before he gets it isnt good enough for us eh!!!!!!!!class player and with the right players around him could be something special.
:thumb:

He needs a good run in the team with the fans and the club offering him support before we cast him into oblivion..He seems an ok guy thats easy to get along with and could become a legend for us over the next 4 years..He has played at top level and to be fair has shown some quality in his passing and movement..Pre-season he was amongst one of the better players and seems to be willing to always get on the ball..

Dont hate the guy just because he was signed by Houllier.. :suspect:

Oh give it a rest its nothing to do with who signed him.

People are perfectly capable of forming an opinion on a player on their own without it being shaped by the manager who signed him.

You are suggesting anyone who doesn't rate him doesn't rate him because they didn't like Houllier. Well you liked Houllier so people could easily argue that you only like the player because of that.

So please don't presume to think you know what is behind peoples opinions because you will likely be wrong.

As for the player I don't think he will ever be a legend at the club but we will see I guess.

I like Makoun, he's got good feet and an eye for a pass. He moves the ball quickly, which is something that I wish Petrov would do more of.

The problems are the other aspects of his game let him down, and are more exposed in the English game.

I hope he stays until the end of the season at least, just to see if he can adapt to the style. I think it was difficult for him to come in when he did as we were struggling, and the type of player that Makoun is was a luxury that we could not afford at the time - we needed grafters!

I think what I'm trying to say is Makoun has been a lack of suitability, rather than a lack of quality.

Skysports.com understands Olympiakos have revived their bid to sign Aston Villa midfielder Jean Makoun on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Villa rejected an offer for the Cameroon international earlier in the week as manager Alex McLeish is currently reluctant to lose any of his fringe players without bringing in replacements.

Makoun has yet to feature in the Premier League this season and was an unused substitute in Saturday's 0-0 draw with Wolves.

He did start the Carling Cup success over Hereford United and admitted earlier in the week that he would be prepared to fight for his place at Villa Park.

However, it is understood that the January arrival from Lyon would also be keen on the possibility of a move to Greek giants Olympiakos.

UEFA Champions League football is on offer at Olympiakos, who have been drawn in the same group as Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund and Marseille.

Makoun has started just seven games in the Premier League for Villa since being signed by McLeish's predecessor Gerard Houllier.

Well, it is impossible to say if a player who has, in his first half year in English football, has started only seven matches, some of which were good and some of which were bad, is a classy Premier League midfielder or a crappy one. We know he is a good footballer. We don't know if he is a good PL footballer, That is not always the same thing.

The question is: Can we afford to use this season to find out if he will fit into PL and do good or should we free up cash that can be used to buy players that we have a higher certainty that will be successul.

And stop the labling of people with a different view as haters. Have not seen one Makoun hater in this thread.

Anyone with half a footballing brain wont last long under "long ball" McLeish.. Dont be surprised to see Makoun at CL outfit Olypiacos FC before the window closes..

Scrappers and cloggers are the way forward under McLeish..

Have to admit I have only seen three league matches with McLeish as our manager.

I will wait to give my view on this manager after the next 35 league matches are done.

He has been given terrible working conditions that none of the other managers we wanted was prepared to take.

Anyone with half a footballing brain wont last long under "long ball" McLeish.. Dont be surprised to see Makoun at CL outfit Olypiacos FC before the window closes..

Scrappers and cloggers are the way forward under McLeish..

Have to admit I have only seen three league matches with McLeish as our manager.

I will wait to give my view on this manager after the next 35 league matches are done.

He has been given terrible working conditions that none of the other managers we wanted was prepared to take.

Terrible working conditions? Dont make me laugh, he has signed 2 Internationals and taken over a squad with a great mix of young players(that had already started to feature last season) and experience. Its his own fault if he cant gear them up, or motivate them...But the youth looked fine to me last season when we played Man United at home etc. And this is a manager (unlike the previous manager) that has a basically a fully fit squad to chose from and the benefit of having a pre-season.

Clark and Bannan were hot property last season, both making the 1st teams at International level, yet this season hardly feature...McLeish has the makings of building a legacy with the squad he has, yet I seen more of that last season under Houllier and his split dressing room.

The key thing for me is that our squad is desperate for a DM and if one of the CM has to be sacrificed to get one then so be it (as long as it's not Delph).

I would like to see him succeed here as I'm sure he would be quality but we need a DM more than we need Makoun in this instance.

Â