Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Neat and tidy last night, but same questions remain as to his overall suitability to the English game. There's not much, if any, drive to his play and whilst he's clearly a very good footballer, he needs the team to be set up in a certain way in order for him to function. It was noticeable in the second half when N'Zogbia was withdrawn and Bannan went outwide that Makoun and Ireland conceded a lot of ground in the centre to very limited oppositon.

Really hope he comes good but last night's performance not only demonstrated why Delph is currently being chosen ahead of him, but why Petrov, for all his noted flaws, is also still so important to this team until further additions arrive.

demonstrated why Delph is currently being chosen ahead of him, but why Petrov, for all his noted flaws, is also still so important to this team until further additions arrive.

Could'nt agree more with what you've said there! :thumb:

Quite a lot of comment that we need to rearrange the team to suit his style of play and give him more game time.

Well, I suppose McLeish may choose to do that, but I haven't seen much from this guy so far to suggest it would be worth the risk.

I'd rather we got a good foothold in this season's Premier League first before trying risky experiments that would put points at peril. (And Mcleish should know from last season that you can't count yourself as safe in the Prem until very late on.)

Part of me would like to see him Delph and Petrov in the same midfield.

While there is no real cutting edge in that midfield it would hopefully see us dominate games which would allow NZogbia and Gabby to really push on and play as strikers rather than wingers - similar to the way Chelsea play.

As others have said Makoun has a lot to bring and I think that's the best way to get it out of him.

Although having said that I think Bannan is starting to build a strong case for a place in team with his performances.

Jesus, some fans on here

" Very Poor ", " Stank the place out "

Absolute nonsense.

Granted, it was hardly a midfield masterclass but he was generally neat and tidy, he kept the game flowing and won the ball back a few times. Probably gave the ball away less than Bannan and Ireland too. 2nd half he wasn't as effective when Bannan moved out to the wing because he was covering most of the midfield on his own as Ireland was pushing forward.

Give the guy a break ffs.

Neat and tidy and pretty average against Hereford certainly doesn't make me think he's about to take the premier league by storm.

His opportunities are going to be limited, if he's not good enough to make them count then he's going to find a lot of his time sat on the bench.

From what I read about last night I still want to see bannan given more time to progress and I'd still like to give Ireland more of a chance to regain the form he's shown at this level in the past.

I think makoun has dropped right to the bottom of the cm list.

Jesus, some fans on here

Absolute nonsense.

Granted, it was hardly a midfield masterclass but he was generally neat and tidy, he kept the game flowing and won the ball back a few times. Probably gave the ball away less than Bannan and Ireland too. 2nd half he wasn't as effective when Bannan moved out to the wing because he was covering most of the midfield on his own as Ireland was pushing forward.

I didn't say I wouldn't give him a chance. The question was posed "how did he play?". Against very modest opposition his performance was very poor. Will he improve? Who knows.....on his showing last night the Jury has to still be out. Thus far he's shown little or nothing to suggest blind faith in him is justified. Fingers crossed it changes for him.

He seems to play a 'tippy tappy' style of football which doesn't really go with our current crop of players. He's very much a Houllier signing, and therefore I don't see him getting much game time under AM because his style is completely different.

FWIW I think he's a very talented footballer, perhaps, playing in the wrong league.

Jesus, some fans on here

Absolute nonsense.

He's been here since January and offered next to nothing. A waste of £6m.

Makoun's big money signing is Proof enough that GED was taking us down the carsy

He is nowhere near PL quality

Disagree 100%, it was a chance in a generation to sort out the dross and impose a new style at the club. Houllier may well have laid the foundations for our kids to reap the benefits of in 5-7 years. Problem is you appear to be willing to give him 5-7 minutes.

Well now you appear to have got what you wanted, a manager with limited ability and a stagnant style that is leading us nowhere fast, but might provide the odd result against the mid table dross so that you can justify his appointment.

Makoun is the right player in the wrong squad with the wrong manager. 40 years a Villa fan and yet everytime I think we there is a chance of a phase shift at the club, things go tits up.

:(

it was a chance in a generation to sort out the dross and impose a new style at the club. Houllier may well have laid the foundations for our kids to reap the benefits of in 5-7 years. Problem is you appear to be willing to give him 5-7 minutes.

Houllier was a chance in a generation? Blimey that is a rather daft statement. As for the statement about Houllier laying the foundations for the kids well I'd suggest that you talk to a few Liverpool fans about the foundations Houllier destroyed in their youth policy and how long it took to put it right after his departure.

There is little wrong with our youth set up certainly nothing I would trust that man to fix. I'm sorry but this really is quite an ill informed opinion.

Well now you appear to have got what you wanted, a manager with limited ability and a stagnant style that is leading us nowhere fast, but might provide the odd result against the mid table dross so that you can justify his appointment.

I doubt that you have a clue what he wanted.

Houllier may well have laid the foundations for our kids to reap the benefits of in 5-7 years.

What a load of shit!!

And actually most of your post was the same.

Houllier was a failure and makoun could well go down the same path unless he improves when given his chance every now and then.

He's not the wrong player at the wrong club he's just not as good as others or isn't performing to the same level of others.

Â